Corporate Training Specialist - Soft Skills Trainer
Would you like to work with a product that allows you to impact the lives of millions of people in a significant way?
Are you looking for a new challenge in an exciting environment that offers the agility of a start-up but with the resources of a multinational?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, part of Expedia group. We are leaders in holiday rentals with sites representing more than 2 million unique places to stay.
HomeAway Customer Experience is seeking a talented and inspiring individual to become part of the Global Education and Knowledge Team as a Training Specialist. This L&D professional will help build and deliver HomeAway’s in-house development training initiative for customer service agents: the "Global Passports Program". As such, the Training Specialist will play a critical role in developing our CE agents, personally and professionally, by facilitating world-leading soft skills training across multiple formats and locations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- You will facilitate classroom workshops and deliver soft skills training sessions to customer service team
- You will conduct Learning Needs Analyses, consult with CE partners and SMEs to plan, design and craft training courses in a variety of formats including instructor-led and eLearning
- You will coordinate related course administration including enrollments, assessments and evaluation
- You will handle learner and content administration in the Learning Management System
- You will liaise with other internal functions to design, standardise and translate learning content
- As part of the role you will work closely with CE Leadership to promote the program, encourage engagement and measure success
- Collaborate with international colleagues to ensure global consistency
WHO YOU ARE:
- 3+ years’ experience in a corporate training environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish (and fluency in another European language a plus, especially French or German)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent vocational accreditation in instructional design, L&D or related field
- Demonstrable excellence in classroom facilitation, especially delivering soft skills training
- Knowledge of a contact centre environment and the needs of customer service representatives
- Deep understanding of instructional design methodologies and adult learning principles
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and eLearning software, preferably Articulate/Rise/Storyline
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and multi-tasking abilities
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work as part of a team are critical
- Real passion for developing people and organisations to fulfill their potential
- Some international travel may be required
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Casual dress
WHY JOIN US:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.