Expedia eCommerce Platform - eCP
Expedia, Inc. is revolutionizing travel through the power of technology, and the eCP team is at the heart of that mission. eCP provides a world class platform of ecommerce technologies and services operating at global scale to support our rapidly growing family of brands.
Together, we enable each of our customer transactions to flow seamlessly from the click of the 'book' button on one of our brand sites all the way through to our general ledger system and into the P&L. By bringing together product, technology and operations, we accelerate innovation, enable test and learn, and constantly push ourselves to evolve and innovate for the business.
Data Services and Platform
Expedia is a leader in using technology to drive business results, and that's where we come in. Our mission is to power reliable, trustworthy and scalable data products, fueling decision-making and competitive advantage.
We use a blend of open source, custom development, and commercial tools to deliver and operate petabyte scale data platforms that support our 24/7 global business. Our ecosystem includes multiple cloud providers, massive Hadoop clusters, parallel databases and a broad mix of leading data management and analytics tools - used by our analysts and data scientists to process real-time, complex analytics, ultimately helping our customers find their dream holiday or trip.
Are you passionate about data and the technology needed to drive a multi-billion dollar business? Do you love building creative, high-scale data products using a diverse set of state of the art technologies?
We are looking for a Senior technology lead with a real passion for data.
In this role, you will build and mature Expedias' on-premise and cloud-based data platform. We collaborate and partner to solve big challenges in the data ecosystem: data replication, providing cloud agnostic data services, intelligent monitoring/alerting of location agnostic data platforms, federated processing, etc.
If you are a collaborative and creative individual who is capable of and flexible enough to work in all parts of the stack, including Java based services and web front end development then this is the place for you. If you thrive in a dynamic and agile environment, adapt to new technologies, and enjoy working on complex problems involving large datsets, then you will fit right in.
If teamwork, respect, ownership, recognition, trust, simplification, and test-and-learn speak to you - and the thought of joining a growing team excites you - we definitely want to talk to you.
• You will mentor, lead the design, analysis, development and deployment efforts for multiple enterprise application projects to solve complex business problems
• You'll lead the architecture and building of scalable, flexible, efficient and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies for a varied technical stack including Java, Python, Hive, Chef, etc.
• You'll support and follow the Expedia Software Development Lifecycle
• You will collaborate with Developers, Program Managers, Testers and Production Support Engineers in an agile development environment
• You'll improve the enterprise systems by integrating existing solutions and building new technologies
• You will advocate for and champion quality coding and standard methodologies
• Take an active part in all staff development strategies to continually improve and strengthen the teams
• 7 - 9+ years of experience in Java development
• 2+ years in leading technical designs and implementation of high volume and scalable web services.
• 2+ years in mentoring developers and helping drive engineering maturity
• Hands-on experience using big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Teradata, etc.
• Knowledge of NoSQL databases
• Strong knowledge of TDD, Continuous Integration and other Agile development techniques
• You have worked in the Cloud computing arena and have professional exposure to the Amazon Web Services offerings.
• A passion for solving complex software engineering puzzles in a dynamic environment
• Deep understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading concepts
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience building highly available systems
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing
• Familiarity with Spring Framework, MVC, REST web services, etc.
• Experience using Linux for production applications
• Experience using git in a shared setting
• Contributions to open source projects
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in information science, computer science or equivalent work experience
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
#LI-D911TExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.