Lodging Content Associate - Bilingual Chinese/English - Shanghai
In this very interesting role, you'll support the quality and accuracy of content for hotel partners on Expedia, Hotels.com, and other brand websites. This fast-paced role offers a great opportunity for goal and process-driven people with a fine eye for detail to work on one of Expedia's exciting strategic initiatives. Lodging Content Associates onboard new hotel partners, adding room types and settings, property amenities, photos, star ratings, and hotel data, all within a deadline. They also assist in managing the maintenance of partner's content on a daily basis through operational case management.
Successful candidates will complete work to program standards, while working and communicating with sales teams (Market Managers), hoteliers, and colleagues from content, media, star ratings, data management, and localization teams. You'll possess solid customer-service skills and be able to interact clearly and professionally with partners by email and telephone. Candidates must pass a content test that includes writing and editing samples. Fluency in written and oral English, and Mandarin is required.
This is a Full-Time Contract role, onsite position in the Shanghai office of Expedia, Inc. Please apply only if you feel you will fit in with a strong team whose members are exceptionally conscientious, hardworking, and thorough.
Please note: This is not a creative writing/editing role and you will not be manually writing hotel descriptions. However, we need your editorial skills to do limited writing/editing of text, communicate clearly, and to help provide clear instructional and other documentation.
- Capture and confirm data about room types, rate plans, rates, inventory, booking policies, property amenities, onsite services, and contact information - this involves calling the hotel to gather information as well as answering a checklist to ensure requisite data-gathering
- Edit existing hotel information in English, including amenities, and photos; resolve change requests; assign star ratings, themes, and structure type
- Understand different lodging/property types and their services and amenities
- Acquire photos through web scraping and contacting hotels; load, classify, and assign photos
- Work efficiently towards daily/weekly targets; complete all work to quality standards; focus on continuous improvement
- Train, by phone, new hotel partners on tools and processes that will optimize their products on our sites
- Provide project support for other content-related tasks, as assigned
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Bachelor's degree in a field such as Business, Hospitality/Hotel Management, or English/Communications
- Hotel-industry, customer-service, or training experience a plus
- 2 years of content or operations experience at an e-commerce site a plus
- Strong English editorial skills a plus
- Written and oral fluency in any Asian language besides Chinese and Taiwanese a strong plus
- Ability to learn quickly and ask good questions; ability to think through issues and offer solutions
- Excellent writing, spelling, and grammar skills in English, with strong attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
- Knowledge of photo production, aesthetics, and digital media a plus
- Excellent ability to work and learn independently, as well as collaborate with larger teams
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to learn new software, tools, and technical processes quickly
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and quality-control abilities
- Open communication with colleagues to share best practices and flexibility to adopt process improvements
- Proven ability to resolve a high volume of work in a deadline-driven environment or work queue
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required
- Interest and/or experience in metrics, reporting, and data analysis a plus
- Experience working with SharePoint, Salesforce, and content management tools a plus
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.