The online travel market never stands still. The opportunity is huge and the competition fierce. At Hotels.com, we're in the thick of it. We live and breathe travel. Our technology team is insanely passionate about using the best technology and processes to give our customers the best possible experience finding hotels for their business or leisure travel needs. We want them to feel the same passion for travel that we do.
Why build your career at Hotels.com?
- You'll get to work with spectacular people on the technology team and wider business
- We work hard to create an encouraging, collaborative, and fulfilling place where you can progress your career
- We have many of the best bits of a start-up but with the resources of the world's biggest travel company
- We love open source and actively participate in the open source community
- We do hackathons where you can branch out of your usual area to contribute something different and innovative
- We host and speak at meet ups
- We want everyone on our team to have the tools and resources to succeed in their career
- Possess strong strategic and leadership skills
- Possess strong leadership skills in attracting, retaining and developing tech talent and proven ability to successfully lead growing teams
- Demonstrate passion, creativity, deep expertise, openness, flexibility and drive. Practicality and common sense are also essential
- Be focused on moving the business forward. We don't just build software for its own sake, we build it to help our customers find the right hotel, every time
- Have a keen interest in the business, not just a given technical problem; understanding the big picture and how your work fits into it
- Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills
- Have the ability to build strong relationships across the organisation
- Have previous experience working on customer facing websites, preferably e-commerce
Hotels.com is seeking a Technology Manager to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment. Reporting to a Technology Director, this position will have management, delivery, and technical responsibility for several delivery teams across multiple locations focused on designing, implementing, and maintaining solutions that drive Hotels.com shopping experience.
The Shopping teams are responsible for the Search Results and Property Details applications in Hotels.com and a bunch of services that provide the data for these pages. These 2 pages are front and centre of Hotels.com customer journey clocking millions of page views every day and, being at the open end of the Shopping funnel, the focus is on providing a clean shopping experience for the user, whilst optimising conversion.
Our general tech stack is Java, Spring, Cassandra, Redis, Scala, Kubernetes & AWS. The components owned by these teams are fully integrated with our CI/CD. With these solid technical foundations, the teams find new challenges in how to deliver brilliant capabilities to better engage our customers, with a test & learn culture resulting in as many as 40-50 A/B tests running on each of our pages at any time. Brilliant technical challenges abound!
- Lead software delivery teams in Bangalore, cultivating and promoting creative thinking and autonomy of your teams
- Develop skills and experience of team members and actively support their career growth and empowering your teams to own their domain
- Collaborate with the Product team to ensure tight alignment of shared goals
- Drive agile development methodologies daily, continuously improving the operations, processes, methodologies, technology choices and practices within your team, evolving towards faster cycles, pushing business impacting functionality to market quicker
- Ensure deliverables meet functional and quality requirements that will delight your Product Owner and their partners, but ultimately and most importantly our Customers
- Drive/contribute to complex technology projects and initiatives across Hotels.com and Expedia Inc.
- Innovate always, challenge the status quo
- Engage in concept discussions, and proposed technology solutions, to meet business objectives both within team and with cross-functional project teams
- Ensure your teams adhere to high technical standards to deliver secure, resilient, performant, and scalable solutions, providing technical guidance and getting involved in design details (you are not required to code, unless you want to)
- Ensure the team can support the operational needs of the application, the 24/7 availability, performance needs in peak times and all the automation around monitoring and alerting in case if an incident
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.