Featured Career Paths
All Career Paths
The Associate Market Manager’s primary responsibility in his/hers assigned territory is to onboard, develop and maintain a high-quality portfolio of hotel products (i.e. relevant, attractive and competitive) for Expedia’s fast-growing global customer base.
In doing so, you will also continuously work with Expedia LPS’ hotel partners to help them maximize the production potential from their participation in the Expedia marketplace by smartly utilizing the power of Expedia LPS’ unique data insights, marketing, distribution and revenue management toolset.
• Develop and sustain strong partner relationships by providing relevant data insights and high-quality consulting services to hotel partners (revenue management advice, marketing opportunities)
• Build the portfolio of local hotel partners by introducing prospective partners to Expedia’s marketplace and facilitate their onboarding process
• Ensure that partner hotels’ products (content, rates and availability) are consistently optimized on the Expedia sites to maximize customer conversion
• Secure additional lodging rates and availability information over high demand and compression periods to satisfy customers’ pressing needs
• Secure seasonal deals and promotions within the guidelines set by management to support the brands’ merchandising and marketing efforts.
• Continuously promote and develop hotel partners’ high engagement with Expedia’s full suite of:
– Unique market insights (partner reports, competitive data, key performance drivers)
– Revenue management tools (dynamic promotions, packages, fenced deals, mobile)
– Marketing and merchandising opportunities
– Specialized brands (e.g. Egencia, Hotwire, Media Solutions) potential opportunities
– Self-service tools (Expedia Partner Central)
This role focuses on the core of the Market Management’s team responsibility, which is to ensure that Expedia’s brands’ global customers always find the most suitable hotel for their dream trip wherever they want to go, and that our hotel partners can effectively, efficiently and throughout the year, reach Expedia’s full breadth of global traveler demand.
• Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent
• 1-2 years’ experience
• 20 – 30% of travel for market visits
• Drive for Results
• High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, empathy in relationship, great teammate
• Hungry, determined, motivated, willing to take action and results-focused
• Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details
• Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations
• Ability to multi-task effectively and be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize work and be laser-focused on achieving critical targets, goals and/or strategic objectives set by LPS leadership team
• Relationship builder; earns the confidence of others;
• Bridges and sustains solid partnerships based on mutual support through a collaborative style
• Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, data driven decision making
• Demonstrates problem solving skills
• Ability to select and present insights, including performance, market and competitor analysis and to implement meaningful action plans based on the data
• Proficiency in English and <insert desired language>language skills
• Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively; actively listens when spoken/presented to
• Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels
• Able to work independently as well as be a strong team worker, ensuring the whole team wins
• Help other team members acquire skills or achieve targets/goals
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national originExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.