The online travel market never stands still. The opportunity is huge and the competition fierce. At Hotels.com, we're in the thick of it. We live and breathe travel. Our technology team is insanely passionate about using the best technology and processes to give our customers the best possible experience finding hotels for their business or leisure travel needs. We want them to feel the same passion for travel that we do.
Why build your career at Hotels.com?
- You'll get to work with spectacular people on the technology team and wider business
- We work hard to create a supportive, collaborative, and fulfilling place where you can progress your career
- We have many of the best bits of a start-up but with the resources of the world's biggest travel company
- We love open source and actively participate in the open source community
- We do hackathons where you can branch out of your usual area to contribute something different and innovative
- We host and speak at meet ups
- We want everyone on our team to have the tools and resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in a lovely, comfortable office in a nice, central part of Bangalore
What we're looking for in you?
- We want someone with strong leadership capabilities ensuring a highly performing and engaged team
- We want you to come with passion, creativity, deep expertise, openness, flexibility and drive
- We want you to have a keen interest in the business, not just a given technical problem. We want you to understand the big picture and how your work fits into it
- We want you to participate in the Hotels.com technology community, the wider Hotels.com team, and the wider technology community around the world
Hotels.com is seeking a Software Development Manager to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment within the Core Services area. Core Services teams own high performance tier 1 services that provide data to all Hotels.com pages across all platforms.
- Drive your team to innovate and deliver roadmap features with agility and high quality
- Collaborate with Product Owner and stakeholders to ensure tight alignment of shared goals
- Strive to continuously improve the operations, processes, methodologies, technology choices and practices of the team.
- Allocate available resources to meet delivery and operating objectives
- Interact with direct reports, customers, and peers to share information and improve cross-departmental processes
- Strive to continuously improve the operations, processes, methodologies, technology choices and practices of your teams
- Ensure deliverables meet functional and quality requirements
- Manage complex and/or unique technology projects and initiatives across Hotels.com
- Focus on continually evolving towards faster cycles, pushing business impacting functionality to market quicker
- Work with other teams within Expedia Inc. to deliver cross-group projects
- Manage the architecture, design, development, testing, and implementation of software
- Engage in concept discussions, and proposed technology solutions, to meet business objectives
- Work with cross-functional project teams on solution architecture options for design
- Perform reviews of all designs to make sure that they address failure modes, scalability, security and are suitable for tier 1 services
The ideal candidate will...
- Possess software development work experience (Java experience strongly preferred).
- Possess high degree of competency within all phases of software development - Estimation, Scheduling, Design, Development, Testing and Delivery, and Maintenance
- Possess strong strategic and analytical skills
- Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills
- Empower teams to successfully deliver large scale projects as a team leader
- Have demonstrable experience of successfully managing both on and off shore development teams
- Be able to build strong and useful relationships across large technology organizations
- Have previous experience working on customer facing websites, preferably e-commerce
- Have experience with open-source technologies
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.