Expedia is seeking a Sr. Manager, Process Solutions within the Enablement Solutions organization in Lodging Partner Services (LPS) focused on improving Account Management processes. This position sits within the Operational Excellence team and is a critical support role that uses continuous improvement, lean, and project management principles to execute on initiatives.
The Process Solutions team represents and supports LPS by working with stakeholders to design and improve processes, enhance the agent tool set and build a culture of continuous improvement. The Senior Manager of Process Solutions will oversee a team of regional Process Solution Managers and Leads, provide thought leadership for improving the business, and tactically execute high profile projects focused on how to improve the support provided to suppliers. The role will support implementing projects that improve the efficiency of the work performed today, and support the implementation of strategic initiatives.
Who You Are:
- Demonstrated ability to partner with senior leadership and lead a team to understand business goals, analyze opportunities and develop improvement project roadmaps
- Demonstrated analytical skills – proficient in organizing, analyzing and interpreting data to make fact-based decisions and drive root cause elimination
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills evidenced by results in past positions.
- Demonstrated Change Management experience including the ability to work with improvement team sponsors to address barriers to a team’s success.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience, including managing a project portfolio, driving a timeline to completion, following-up, organizing multiple action plans within multiple functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, from individual contributor to executive management - structuring information and utilizing PowerPoint or other resources to communicate ideas and actions.
- Ability to make independent decisions, self-starter, ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- High attention to detail.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- 10+ years work experience in related fields (Process improvement, Business analysis/ development, Program/ Product management) with progressive responsibilities.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification, Certified Lean Sensei, Certified Quality Engineer, is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, statistics or business (preferably in a quantitative field or equivalent combination of education and experience) Advanced degree a plus.
- Experience supporting call center operations preferred.
- Experience with SalesForce a plus.
- Travel industry experience a plus.
What You Will Do:
- Provide thought leadership - envisioning a future state of operational excellence, driving efficiency and partner experience improvements globally within LPS.
- Define strategy for owned areas and define program roadmaps setting realistic expectations of project delivery, identify resource bottlenecks and gaps, and cross team dependencies.
- Run regional continuous improvement activity end-to-end ensuring outputs are effectively transferred to execution
- Provide on-going visibility into project roadmap: developing and negotiating work priorities, engaging stakeholders via regular communications/meetings/presentation with updates, articulate impact of new projects or changed priorities.
- Work tactically with the team to deliver on business improvement initiatives utilizing skills to develop processes, define policies, and engage technology to make needed improvements.
- Serve as a change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization.
- Drive culture of innovation and continuous improvement through best practice sharing and visible hands-on leadership.
- Lead performance and operational excellence of a team of 4-6 Program Managers
- Mentor and develop staff, including work assignment, deliverable review, and career development.
- Develop stakeholder relationships and become a trusted advisor for the business.
- Participating in hiring activities and decisions.
- Able to build measurement systems and use/ interpret data to evaluate and make business improvement recommendations (experience with SQL, pivot tables, or tableau a plus).
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so. Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.