Hotels.com is seeking a highly technical Software Development Manager to work in a fast-paced, agile environment within the Core Services area. Core Services teams own high performance tier 1 services that provide data to all Hotels.com pages across all platforms. Services owned by Core Service’s team serve on an average of tens of thousands of requests/sec with a strong emphasis on performance, automation, monitoring, innovation, DevOps and continuous improvement.
We’ll take your career on a journey that’s flexible and right for you, whilst recognising and rewarding your achievements…
- A conversation around flexible working and what is right for you is encouraged from day one/your first conversations with Hotels.com.
- Competitive salaries and many growth opportunities within the wider Expedia Group.
- Option to attend conferences globally and enrich the technology skills you are passionate about.
- Cash and Stock rewards for high achievers.
- Extensive travel rewards and discounts for all employees!
What you’ll do…
- Drive your team to innovate and deliver roadmap features with agility and high quality
- Collaborate with Product Owner and stakeholders to ensure tight alignment of shared goals
- Inculcate Continuous Improvement philosophy at all levels
- Allocate available resources to meet delivery and operating objectives
- Interact with direct reports, customers, and peers to share information and improve cross-departmental processes
- Strive to continuously improve the operations, processes, methodologies, technology choices and practices of your teams
- Ensure work you are doing meet functional and quality requirements
- Lead complex and/or unique technology projects and initiatives across Hotels.com
- Focus on continually evolving towards faster cycles, pushing business impacting functionality to market quicker
- Work with other teams within Expedia Inc. to deliver cross-group projects
- Lead the architecture, design, development, testing, and implementation of software
- Engage in concept discussions, and proposed technology solutions, to meet business objectives
- Work with cross-functional project teams on solution architecture options for design
- Perform reviews of all designs to make sure that they address failure modes, scalability, security and are suitable for tier 1 services
Who you are…
- You have been sharpening your skills for the past several years focusing on writing asynchronous systems using simple self-describing code
- People enjoy working with you because you're great at what you do. Your skill and work ethic inspire’s the entire team to improve their craft
- Possess strong strategic and leadership skills
- Possess strong leadership skills in attracting, retaining and developing tech talent and proven ability to successfully lead growing teams
- Possess high degree of competency within all phases of software development
- Empower teams to successfully deliver large scale projects as a team leader
- Be able to build strong and useful relationships across large technology organizations
- Have a keen interest in the business, not just a given technical problem; understanding the big picture and how your work fits into it
- Be focused on moving the business forward. We don't just build software for its own sake, we build it to help our customers find the right hotel, every time
- Possess software development work experience (Java experience strongly preferred)
Why join us…
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.