Are you a strong and capable people manager in the travel or hospitality industry? Are you committed to inspire, motivate and lead your team to achieve greater success? Do you champion the needs of your customers? If so, we’d love to speak to you!
Each year, Egencia helps thousands of companies in over 60 markets better manage their travel programmes. We provide modern solutions and exceptional service to millions of travelers as they plan, take and complete every business trip. We deliver bottom-line savings to our clients and support the needs of the modern business traveler.
We are looking for a Team Leader to join our Service Delivery group in Sydney. As a Team Leader, you’ll be tasked to lead and motivate your team of Travel Consultants on a day-to-day basis, with the aim of meeting, maintaining and exceeding service goals and standards. You will be joining a winning team that is passionate about providing great service to achieve and exceed customer expectations.
• Coach, mentor and motivate your team of travel professionals to achieve their best
• Support the Service Delivery Manager in the smooth and efficient day-to-day running of the department.
• Oversee resolution of high-level customer complaints, as the first point of escalation.
• Play an active part in all staff development strategies to continually improve and strengthen the teams.
• Ensure that all net fare sales opportunities are optimised by the team.
• Analyze trends, identify ways to improve service, and partner with necessary stakeholders to implement these enhancements.
• Develop, implement, and maintain escalated resolution processes to minimize escalations.
• Lead the development, testing and communication of operational policies and procedures
• Monitor staff schedules, including sick leave, and annual leave.
• Prepare and conduct employee performance reviews and handle employee relations issues.
• Promote and maintain excellent client relations by responding promptly and accurately to queries
• Ensure all team members meet both internal and external SLAs for quality, accuracy, productivity and revenue
• Communicate strategies and action plans with relevant training as required
You’d be great for the role if you have/ are able to:
• At least 1-2 years of previous experience as a Team Leader or Manager in travel, hospitality or customer service
• Great knowledge and skills in all areas of customer service policies, processes and procedures.
• Previous experience in a senior customer service (Tier 3) function.
• Maintain vendor relations, with a positive attitude.
• A strong focus on the customer
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) – friendly, confident with stakeholders at all levels.
• Presentable, with a desire to succeed.
• Work effectively in a highly complex, diverse, changing environment all whilst maintaining focus on key business goals and personal objectives.
• Readily take initiative to identify current and potential problems and figure out the best solution, organizing the resources required.
• Use technical, job and commercial knowledge and experience to meet and exceed job requirements and customer expectations.
• Build effective relationships through positive communication that motivates and influences others.
• A great place to work with other like-minded and awesome team members
• Endless global career opportunities
• A funky office environment at 1 Martin Place, Sydney
• Subsidized private healthcare
• Wellness and fitness reimbursements
• Leisure travel reimbursements (We pay you back for taking a holiday!)
• And heaps more!
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®