Business Manager (Japan)
Hotels.com is part of Expedia Group, the parent company to a global portfolio of leading consumer travel brands and one of the largest online travel companies in the world. Our mission is simple: to provide the most rewarding way to book a place to stay. The culture of Hotels.com combines the fast-paced energy of a start-up with the deep-pocket resources of an established player. In APAC, additional hallmarks of “who we are” include rapid growth fueled by mobile leadership and marketing innovation.
Reporting to the Sr Manager of Marketing, you are the key member of the team, leading business growth for Hotels.com Japan together with internal stakeholders. You'll be responsible for running the Japan P&L trading and generating local customer insights. You are therefore at a central role to lead Hotels.com “Go Global” & “Customer centricity” efforts.
What you'll do:
1. Strategy Planning and Implementation
- You'll support Japan market and customer research while developing mid- to long-term strategies to capture untapped market opportunities
- You'll develop action plans to support Japan strategies with internal stakeholders, and monitor their progress and performance
2. Trading Management & Analytics
- You'll define Japan market execution strategy and own Japan P&L, including top-line and bottom-line targets
- You'll analyze and report on trading performance, opportunities and threats to establish action plans and to strengthen learnings
- You'll represent the customer needs of Japan market and analyze conversion performance to identify their pain points, collaborating with Product Team for potential local product enhancement and A/B testing opportunities
- You'll adopt a strong ROI focused approach on all trading and marketing decisions to strengthen learnings, effectiveness and efficiency
3. Stakeholder Management and Improve platform (web and app) to be more locally relevant
- You'll work closely with internal stakeholders, such as merchandising, brand, PR, social media, SEO, SEM, Meta, product, finance, and in-house design teams
- You'll maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of market information, marketing strategies and plans
- You'll monitor pricing and traffic funnel to drive better conversion rate
- You'll bring local intelligence to improve localization
- You'll address local customers’ needs and pain points
4. Supply Management
- You'll lead special projects to improve destination level hotel room night production
- You'll use data for destination ROI assessment (vector analysis)
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 4-6+ years of experience in B2C marketing and / or online business
- Native Japanese and fluent in business English
- With strong analytical and Excel skills and demonstrate a passion for working with digital marketing data to achieve business goals
- Ability to cut through complexity and turn high-level business requirements into actions
- Experience in online reporting or tracking tools
- Experience in travel or e-commerce industries is preferred
- Experience in online / offline marketing, quantitative business analysis or strategy planning is preferred
- Logical thinking skills, sharp analytical skills and strong customer focused mind are essential
- Good judgment, problem finding / solving and decision-making skills
- Understanding of Japan market, Japanese culture, and Japanese customer’s mind
- Ability to influence stakeholders with effective communication - internal/external
- Business acumen and strategic mind
- Ability to prioritize and manage high volumes of work
- Strong project management skill
- Professional, self-starter, “get it done” attitude and work ethic
- Energy, creativity, and passion for marketing and ambitious to develop new initiatives
- Confident and dynamic personality
- Enthusiastic and a positive attitude
- High degree of self-awareness and openness to feedback to self-improve
- Deliver exceptionally high standard of work under pressure
- Flexible, calm and practical in outlook
- Responsive and highly proactive
- Results driven and thrives on change
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.