The Price Quality Compliance Business Analyst will be responsible for a combination of operational tax & fee oversight, research, project work, and report development and analytics. The core responsibilities would include review of internal data and the development of audit and control processes around content management. Additionally, the Price Quality Compliance Business Analyst would support the PQC department by developing reports containing vital information used for pricing, auditing and validating.
What you'll do:
- You will oversee day-to-day communication with Market Managers& Global Supply Operations regarding tax rate changes, updates, and disputes.
- Develop audit and control process around content management practices.
- You will implement new and enhanced processes related to tax rate & fee research and management.
- Perform the upload of rates, including the identification and loading of custom data,
- Develop a solid grasp of company data logging and data architecture in order to be able to assess the impact of potential changes to tax & fee decisions.
- You will develop and maintain compliance and audit reports to support the operations of the Revenue Management department.
- You will perform data analytics to assist in the audit of pricing matters.
- You will assist in company projects and initiatives including defining requirements, developing test plans, and conducting UAT.
- You will collaborate with multiple inter-departmental parties including Expedia Technology and business partners to develop project goals and to launch project and program initiatives.
- You will work with internal partners, business sponsors, product managers, developers, and other teams to develop and review project designs and business requirements.
- You will research tax rates, fees, and rules and assist in supporting tax & fee research through technological solutions.
Who you are:
- Your Bachelor's degree is in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Math, Statistics, Physics, Informatics, or Information Technology.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant Business or Analytics experience in a technology or dynamic travel-related organization.
- You have a strong data architecture skill set including a solid grasp of database concepts and data logic.
- Working knowledge of SQL and SQL Developer tools. Including ability to data mine, analyze results and make recommendations.
- Prior demonstrated Finance Business Analyst and/or hands on Project Management experience.
- You are proficient with all applications of the Microsoft Office suite, including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, and Outlook.
- Exemplary and demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- You have the ability to communicate highly complex and multi-faceted concepts and ideas in a simple, clear and concise way, both in written and verbal formats.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both within a team and as an independent contributor.
- You have exemplary presentation skills and ability to persuade and generate action.
- Excellent analytical skills, coupled with a self-motivated personality and an ability to exceed expectations in a dynamic, results oriented environment.
- You have proficient knowledge of eCommerce a plus.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.