Expedia's Lodging Booking Services team is seeking a highly motivated developer to own and develop highly scalable and reliable web services that forms the core booking engine behind hotel bookings! These services sit at the intersection of supply and demand, and is mission critical in allowing travelers to complete and service their bookings with Expedia. If you understand what it takes to build a robust, scalable, reliable and high performance service, we want you to join our team!
- Design and implement high performance, scalable, robust and reliable server applications that support key Expedia initiatives.
- Translate functional specifications into logical, component-based technical designs.
- Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with others in crafting and implementing the technical vision.
- Provide code reviews to assess overcall code quality and flexibility, and the application of good object oriented programming techniques.
- Drive continuous improvement and continuous delivery in our software development process within an agile development team.
- Write automated unit, system and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines.
- Work closely with other talented developers both local and in various other Expedia offices around the world to ensure code quality, appropriate testing and design to ensure excellent product quality.
- Mentor junior members of the engineering team and raise the bar by contributing to continuously improving engineering practices and development standards.
- Support live-site operations as needed as part of our DevOps approach.
- Serve as a technical leader within the organization.
- 4+ years of experience in software development with a track record of shipping large, cross-functional projects in a high performance, scalable global internet service environment.
- Relevant industry experience developing in Java, Springboot and its associated technology stacks.
- Experience building web services in the cloud, particularly with AWS solutions.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases and other NoSQL solutions.
- Proficient with algorithms and data structures, design patterns, service oriented architecture, domain driven design, multi-threading, concurrency, caching and distributed systems
- Experience in agile/scrum teams, and a track record of learning from your actions to make positive adjustments.
- Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle, architecture and design, software craftsmanship and test strategies.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.