Expedia is seeking a highly organized and motivated individual to join the LPS Pulse team as a Senior UX Designer. Reporting to the Director of Product and Design, you will work as part of cross-functional and agile product, technology and design team, to help craft experiences that are unique, intuitive and highly engaging. We manage a bespoke responsive web platform for circa 5000 employees called LPS Pulse. LPS Pulse delivers and drives centralized learning, knowledge, communications and change management across LPS – providing a one-stop-shop for employees to access all the information they need to do their jobs successfully. You’ll design impactful experiences that enhance, support and encourage learning, making it easy for our audiences to get the information they need to be successful, when they need it. You will develop design solutions that are elegant, efficient and balance build effort and value. You'll have experience in working with employee facing products such as communications portals, HR intranets, Learning Management Systems.
- Collaborating with product managers and development teams, and a broad range of other stakeholders, to solve complex business problems whilst meeting audience needs.
- Crafting user interfaces. Balancing pixel perfect attention to detail with low and high fidelity prototyping.
- User focused. Create powerful and engaging experiences, designing with the user’s needs in mind.
- Pro-actively creating and showcasing new concepts that challenge your colleagues and continue to make our internal Learning and Communications platform unique, innovative, and ahead of the competition.
- Maintaining and communicating an effective design system.
- Plan, conduct and evaluative user research, gathering actionable insights to improve our user experience.
- Continually finding ways to maximize the efficiency of workflow between development and design.
- Working with the Director of Product and Design to help shape product vision and strategy.
- You flourish when collaborating with your peers and with other disciplines.
- You believe in failing fast, getting something real in front of the user as quickly as possible to test and validate.
- You enjoy the detail – you’re committed to quality.
- You’re agile and can move and adapt with business and team priorities.
- You’re a logical thinker, with the ability to apply creative solutions to complex problems.
- You’re a strong communicator and are able to get across complex concepts in a simple and straightforward way.
- You’re adept at gathering and applying insight from research and analytics to drive product design decisions.
- You might even love to travel!
Experience and Qualification:
- Experience in both UX and UI or as a Product Designer, or similar role.
- Degree in relevant field. (Graphic Design, Interaction Design, etc.)
- A curious, inquisitive and structured approach to your work.
- Solid understanding of interaction and information design.
- Experience with building, maintaining and evolving design toolkits and systems.
- Excellent skills with design and prototyping software (e.g. Adobe CS, Sketch, Invision, Balsamic etc).
- An understanding of native, hybrid, responsive and mobile platform capabilities and design conventions.
- Experience with various user research methods (interviews, focus groups, personas, usability tests).
- Experience with data-driven design (analytics, user research).
- Experience working with a Scrum/Agile methodology.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to clearly articulate design rationale.
- Excellent time and workload management skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Solid experience working with developers, engineers and product teams to build high quality products.
- 4 years+ professional design experience.
- Portfolio demonstrating expert use of typography, color, imagery, grid systems, user flows, interaction design
- Experience in HR products, employee products, Learning management systems.
- Experience in graphic design / visual design.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.