We are looking for a dynamic, customer focused, data driven and operationally minded product leader for the Customer Communication and Marketing team (email, app notifications, chat, browser notifications and more). In this role, you will be accountable for the products and services that support the strategy, execution and delivery of billions of personalized communications that go to our customers across the globe every year. This includes everything from the delivery of trip itineraries, marketing emails, after stay surveys, review requests, and data driven insights and predictions that help customer book and experience outstanding trips. You will take on and evolve the complicated global operations that go along with building communication campaigns in email, push, browser and other channels in multiple languages, cultures, and currencies as well and driving your team to innovate.
Role and Responsibility
- Work with partners such as email, push, chat, site product, engineering and others to develop a definitive and coordinated strategy for customer communication across the business.
- Evolve, maintain, and operate our in house customer communications platform.
- Set the vision and strategy for supporting products such as product insights (e.g. flight price prediction) and customer insights (e.g. personalized product recommendations) that improve our communications and help our customers.
- Work with business leaders and engineers to prioritize development and set sprint/agile priorities.
- Ensure coherent messaging across the entire BEX ecosystem by either adopting signals/insights from other teams or developing reusable signals/insights of record. In all cases improving and evolving the status quo.
- Support and improve the day-to-day operations of all supported products
Requirements and Expectations
- 10 years + of work experience.
- Extensive experience building products infused with machine learning, preferably in an eCommerce setting.
- Experience working across dynamic teams.
- Educational (and/or work) background in software engineering/computer science preferred.
- Strong executive-level communications
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.