As a key part of Expedia Group’s global benefits team, you’ll be responsible for the compliant delivery of benefit programs and initiatives, and will report to the Head of Global Benefits.
What you’ll do
- Focus on global benefits compliance and financial management, including retirement, health, internal consulting, and related stewardship activities.
- Be an internal subject matter resource and consultant to our global team on rewards including retirement, other benefits and related financials.
- Support team with our annual budget process and financial analysis of plans and programs, including forecasting and understanding plan cost variances.
- Liaise with external departments (e.g. finance, accounting, accounts payable) for sharing financial information related to global benefits.
- Deliver market competitiveness, compliance, and management of third party administrators of global savings/retirement plans.
- Build global retirement framework and line of sight to and support of benefits committee requirements.
- Lead compliance stewardship of retirement and health and welfare plans including management of plan audits, compliance testing, and required filings.
- Monitor, assess, and make recommendations related to new and proposed legislation that affects the organization's benefit programs.
- Support regional benefit calculations and simplification, including pensions.
- Manage actuarial consulting relationships.
- Model plan design changes.
- Manage contracts of key benefits vendors.
Who you are
- Strategic thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong conceptual, interpersonal, and creative abilities.
- A diplomatic, relationship builder with a strong professional presence, ability to influence others, and cultural awareness.
- Excellent researcher with ability to create, source and synthesize content multiple sources and build compelling output that enables decisions.
- Effective communicator on a variety of analytical and compliance topics and themes with speed, accuracy, efficiency, dedication to quality and discretion with confidential information.
- Project manager able to run multiple projects from conception to completion.
- Adaptable multitasker with keen attention to logistics and details, ability to prioritize and shift priorities, work within tight timelines, and with excellent follow-through.
- Very effective at balancing collaborating and working independently.
- Someone with a sense of humor, positive attitude, innate curiosity and willingness to continuously learn.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- You have 7+ years meaningful experience in Rewards organization and deep benefits and retirement plan subject matter expertise, preferably in large global environment.
- You are highly analytical.
- You have knowledge of actuarial principles and exhibits, defined contribution programs and defined benefit schemes as well as demonstrated compliance stewardship including regulatory knowledge, retirement, health and welfare plan audit experience, and filing experience.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.