Sr. Manager- Technical Operations
We love Travel - do you?
IOTA (International Operations and Traffic Analytics) is the team running & supporting world class operations for Brand Expedia’s Applications and Services. IOTA is responsible for Service Monitoring, Service Availability Management and Traffic Analytics for Expedia’s Global Applications, Platforms & Infrastructure through people, processes & technology. To delight customers in a Cloud First world, Expedia delivers highly available online services and innovative automation lighting up on a regular basis. Quality of service (QoS) is paramount as we continue to expand Expedia’s multi-cloud framework and increase customer base who rely on our services to Travel, Explore & Experience the World. Availability, Reliability, Performance and User Experience are all key differentiators in delivering the services to customers from Expedia’s hybrid-cloud environment.
IOTA within HUB is responsible for designing, implementing & operating monitoring & analytics platform across Expedia’s multi cloud environment. You will be directly responsible for managing production live site support and support the automation and solutions for the most widespread outages across Expedia’s multi-cloud environment. Your work in this role will prevent millions of minutes of downtime for worldwide users using the most cutting-edge technologies and concepts that exist in the industry today. You must demonstrate skills with multiple monitoring tools, analytics tools, scripting languages in responding to critical service outages & integrating various tools & platform to solve real life problems in Always-On Always-Available world. There is a unique opportunity in this role to influence Brand Expedia’s Services availability and reliability through incident response and supporting in development of robust end-to-end solutions that cut minutes of downtime. As Technical hands-on Senior Manager you will have dual roles: Mentor and grow team members and Manage the 24x7 Ops team to respond for critical service outages. You will be accountable for the velocity of the team's deliverables while maintaining service uptime, through team’s direct contributions and close collaboration with other Product & Engineering teams.
What you will do:
• Provide technical leadership & mentorship to a team of Operation Engineers. Drive live site bridges to ensure high Availability of Expedia Platform.
• Analyse and drive enhancements in application logging that allows Brand Expedia applications to better instrument for availability and performance (uptime, success rate, and customer experience).
• Work with various Development, Application Engineering and Operations teams to monitor and analyse user experience patterns and understand their business and technology requirements to ensure relevant metrics are fed into the system for centralized reporting.
• Collaborate with cross-geo teams and stakeholders.
• Play an operational leadership role in incident response and driving restoration.
• Act as a managerial lead including shift supervisory duties as part of a 24x7 operations team and managing the TechOps portfolio.
• Proactively monitor the health of websites/application and related services.
• Proactively identify and resolve people, process and technology issues to reduce incident MTTR.
• Manage a portfolio of operational tools, monitoring, and alerts.
• Continuously improve operational processes and capabilities.
• Be a recognized leader and voice for Operations.
• Identification/detection of trends/patterns on dashboards Provides Ops Support for Change, Releases, and Incidents.
• Be proactive in investigating and eliminating root cause impacting service and application response time and availability
• Create dashboards by pulling data from different data sources/websites and report to key stakeholders.
• Passion – enthusiastic, adventurous and full of energy
• Innovative – be creative and demonstrate ‘out of the box’ thinking
• Enterprising – Ability to take risks with a ‘make it happen’ approach
• Execution – Biased towards action
Who you are:
You’ll fit this role if you have:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related discipline.
• At least 12 years of experience in Service Operations & Automation roles in Technology Consulting or Technology firms preferred. eCommerce production support experience is a plus.
• At least 3 years of proven success in management & technical leadership roles.
• Ability to work well with diverse and cross geotechnical & engineering teams.
• Must have Monitoring, Event, Incident & Change Management domain experience.
• Understand cloud-based large-scale, complex systems from a reliability perspective.
• Drive to ensure user experience and strong customer-centric point-of-view.
• Experience in Cloud & Enterprise based monitoring tools, like Splunk, Glassbox, Adobe Analytics, Grafana, Elasticsearch, Kibana, etc. along with some in-house solutions to perform in-depth dive analysis.
• Background with design, development & integration experience on cloud platforms (i.e., AWS, Azure) in a continuous delivery environment.
• Demonstrated experience with ITSM processes such as change, incident, problem, and capacity management. Hands-on experience with ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, JIRA, etc.
• Ability to quickly adapt and correlate with various Monitoring & Reporting tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication skill
• Passion for travel at a personal level
• Technical background or ability to pick up technology concepts quickly
• Demonstrated data/analytics/statistical modelling capability
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better. This responsibility inspires us to be the place where extraordinary people want to do their best work and to provide them with the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We passionately strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate by race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#LI-AK2Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.