Egencia makes business travel better. Combining technology and service, we create a seamless experience, where companies have access to a user-friendly interface, extensive travel options, and 24/7 global support. Join our mission and help us take the next steps in transforming the world of business travel.
As the Sales Director for Australia, you will be responsible for continuing to build and scale Egencia’s presence in Australia and to establish where to play and how to develop the right strategies, while building organizational capability to rapidly accelerate Egencia’s growth. This will be achieved by leading and driving the sales functions in Australia including:
- Australian Small Medium Enterprises (SME) business operating in Australia
- Australian Multi-National Corporations (MNC) business operating both within and outside Australia
- International MNC’s with international Headquarters but having or intending to have significant Australia presence.
The primary focus is on accelerating the pace of new client acquisition, accelerating sales growth and increase market share within the country.
What you’ll do:
Strategy and execution:
- Lead and drive the commercial plan for Australia to achieve established targets
- Execute on accelerating client acquisition as well as penetration and retention of accounts.
- Support and promote Egencia's global strategy and initiatives
- Initiate strategic sales efforts with national and support multinational business opportunities.
- Create, maintain and execute a business plan with goals and objectives for the region based on opportunity, customer needs, and Egencia's strategic direction.
- Promote new and enhanced services required to accomplish Egencia's global business objectives and meet specific customer expectations.
Leadership and people management:
- Manage the local sales team to achieve / exceed sales target for Australia.
- Develop sales programs and team incentives in order to drive a winning culture
- Drive team engagement
- Provide coaching, feedback, guidance and direction as needed; ensure direct report managers do the same for their staff.
- Expand best practices across the entire organization.
- Cultivate high organizational performance by providing inspirational leadership and provide thought leadership to industry stakeholders. Increase Egencia’s visibility within the external marketplace.
Stakeholder and relationship management:
- Liaise with internal partners to identify market opportunities for supporting Egencia's strategy with industry and financial analysts, and the media, as well as to ensure a strong base of reference customers to help in closing business.
- Collaborate with internal and external business partners to build, maintain and implement business plans to support the sales effort and to ensure product differentiation is maintained for both Australian and globalization efforts.
- Maintain relationships with existing Egencia customers in order to anticipate and plan for emerging customer needs and potential opportunities.
- Develop consultative relationships with decision makers such as Corp Travel Managers, CEOs, CFOs, Directors of Procurement, etc.
Reporting and analysis:
- Report actual variance to budget, with various analyses and revised projections; provide regular pipeline forecasts and business health checks to senior management.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments which effect target markets; includes maintaining a thorough understanding of the market's business to ensure the team acquires, penetrates and retains high-value prospects.
- Manage the gathering of market intelligence regarding competitors' products and sales strategies.
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning.
Who you are:
- Strong people leadership and team management experience: hire, train, retain, manage, coach and develop talent
- Extensive experience managing a B2B Sales and management organization
- Knowledge of travel industry is preferred
- Strong Commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a matrix organization
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.