The Area Manager is responsible for leading a team that is responsible for the account management, strategy implementation, and planning within an assigned market geography.
As an Area Manager, you and your team will support delivery of revenue and/or acquisition goals, by developing and sustaining strong hotel and property partner relationships within the assigned area, driving implementation of internal business initiatives, and process efficiencies.
In doing so, you and your team will work with Expedia Group’s hotel and property partners to help them maximize the production potential from their participation in the Expedia marketplace by smartly utilizing the power of Expedia Group’s unique data insights, marketing, distribution and revenue management toolset.
What you'll do
- Lead a team including Market Managers, Associate Market Managers, Market Associates in the assigned market.
- Run a small number of key accounts and/or local hotel chain relationships in designated area/country(s)
- Continuously coach and provide recommendations to direct reports; improve team productivity and effectiveness by building the skills and capabilities of the team members
- Supply cross functional Expedia business initiatives; through initiation and planning stages to actively anticipate market impact and roll out plans
- Provide input to senior management in developing effective and scalable solutions to improve process efficiencies
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships by delivering consulting services
- Develop & drive sound recommendations based on insights from data analysis to optimize hotels in the Expedia market place and their lodging market overall
- Represent Expedia in the local market, build Expedia’s company profile with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, hotel association, etc.) and provide expertise to the local industry
- Promote Expedia’s full suite of products offerings to partners and educate them on the full use of our products and tools
- Lead the execution of overall market business plans to meet or exceed key targets, goals and/or strategic objectives set by LPS leadership
- Effectively handle working relationships, team's productivity and morale
- Continuously improve collaboration with other internal functions, within LPS and across Expedia.
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent
- 5-8 years’ experience
- Approximately 20 – 30% of travel for market visits
- Please note, we also utitlise highly effective video and social technologies that can allow employees to optimize their commitment to travel, communication and collaboration
Drive for Results
- Demonstrated the ability to achieve and set goals
- Lead cross-functional teams successfully in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong project management skills, including multiple projects at a time, prioritize effectively, and to meet deadlines
- Execute market place initiatives with a strong eye on improving margin opportunity, obtaining lodging rates and availability information and driving long term relationships with our supply partners, especially our key accounts
- Ability to have an effect for internal and external decision makers
- Strong written and oral communication skills; including fundamental pitching and articulate ideas clearly and appropriately influence others
- Proficiency with Project Management and CRM tools (preferably Microsoft Project and Salesforce). Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Establish and adhere to priorities in a fast pace environment
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, compassion in relationship, great teammate
- Hungry, determined, motivated, willing to take action and results-focused
- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details
- Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations
- Ability to multi-task effectively and be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat
- Integrates change processes with organizational business plan.
- Coaches team members in behaviours for personal effectiveness, results orientation.
- Authentic relationship builder; earns the confidence of others;
- Bridges and sustains productive and long term partnerships based on mutual support through a reciprocal style
- Excellent analytical and vital thinking skills, including demonstrated general problem-solving skills and an intense curiosity to identify trends and ensuing business needs.
- Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, facts decision-making
- Ability to select and present insightful dataset including performance, market and competitor analysis and to implement significant action plans based on the data
Written & Spoken Communication, Listening and Influencing
- Proficiency in English. Other language skills may be required depending on the location of the position
- Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively; actively listens when spoken/presented to
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels
- Ability to influence direction of decisions even when holding a position contrary to the majority.
Build & Maintain Teams
- Able to work independently as well as be a strong team worker, always seeking to improve team and organizational performance
- Motivate, coach and mentor a diverse and geographically fragmented team, effectively managing performance and mobilizing team and resources to achieve or exceed set goals
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.