Expedia IT (eIT) is looking for a dynamic individual capable of thriving in a fast paced and high stress environment as an IT Support Technician. You are a highly top-tier IT professional capable of providing desktop support for Expedia Group business offices across several locations in North America-LATAM.
What you'll do:
- You will provide IT Desktop support to the relevant End-user community in the location/region based, this includes all desktop computing hardware and software and peripherals.
- Makes timely and accurate diagnosis of system related problems and settling between hardware, software and network related problems, and work in conjunction with the Global Service Desk and other IT operations/engineering groups to provide resolution.
- You will be required to lead problem resolution activities to get technology incidents and problems resolved.
- Be expected to take ownership for assigned incidents and problems, and contact required resources both inside and outside the company necessary to resolve the problem, with minimum supervision.
- You will respond to request for service with experience and compliance in established time limits.
- Develops/maintains support document for use by all levels of support personnel as well as end-user documentation.
- Identifies and solves any problems that affect desktop computer operating systems and fixes routine problems and maintenance of systems.
- Trains employees and orients them on how to use computer hardware and software applications.
- Maintains other relevant computer peripheral devices such as Monitors, Printers, Video teleconferencing problems.
- Supports drive imaging for desktop/laptop systems.
- Incumbent is required to travel to satellite locations as needed
- Participates in weekly meetings with Global Service Desk staff to get updates and discuss Help Desk related matters.
- Committed to all components of Corporate IT availability as they will act as both an incident and problem manager for any issues impacting our remote offices.
- Some shift work may be required, and weekend work is needed for projects
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
You'll fit into this role if you have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in 1st/2nd/3rd level Corporate IT support, gained in a multi-site IT operations environment
- A+ Certification
- Demonstrable experience of configuring and administrating servers, workstations/laptops and associated software
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to take ownership of the work assigned, and deliver results timely, expertly and correctly.
- Experience working on small projects and delivering against timelines.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and technical skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- You should be self-managed and a self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communications capable of delivering at a senior level.
- Have working knowledge across all the IT disciplines including hardware, software, telephony, video teleconferencing, and connectivity.
- Able to perform root cause analysis. Capable of dedicatedly recommending effective courses of action, communicate resolution, policy and procedures to the various IT partners, management, and end user population.
- Proven time management and delegation skills.
- Ability to establish good relationships with individuals at the supervisor/team manager level.
- Ought to be dynamic, creative and capable of garnering the respect and high-level trust required by the help desk and IT teams for this position to be successful.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to work independently while collaborating with remote teams
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with Service Now ITSM Tools
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco CCNA certification
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Experience working with Active Directory, domain services and back office/infrastructure application installation and support
- Knowledge of server and network communications equipment, protocols (i.e. DNS and TCPIP), transmission media, security and network management practices
- Knowledge in storage and backup technologies.
- Experience with Windows 2000, XP and 2007 Server Operating systems and associated applications
- Experience working with Active Directory, domain services and back office/infrastructure application support
- Experience with Lenovo parts ordering and hardware repairs
- Experience supporting MAC OS and MAC hardware (Mac Book Air, Mac Book Pro)
Skills You'll Use Every Day:
- Technical Competence: Uses technical skills and experience, to meet and exceed job requirements, is in command of critical issues
- Problem Solving: Takes the initiative to identify current and potential problems and settles the best solution to these
- Organizational Effectiveness: Operates within the organization's formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others' roles and perspectives, can sell projects and get things done in a complex multi-level organization
- Effective communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, listens carefully and considers what others have to say, including different viewpoints.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.