Welcome to the 2019 Expedia Group High School Development Apprenticeship Program! Expedia is looking for talented and motivated individuals to join Expedia engineering teams this summer.
We are a fast-paced, results-driven and fun loving group of people. We operate as small, agile teams of 5 to 10 people in developer, tester and technical product manager roles.
Apprentices will work in pairs and will have a dedicated mentor to help with work assignments and getting adjusted to the team. Collaboration and coaching are our priorities and every team member is passionate about ensuring this will be a fun and rewarding experience for all our apprentices.
If you are a hard worker, have a passion for technology and are eager to learn from some of the best engineers in the industry, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
As a Developer Apprentice, you will work closely with other members of the team to build and maintain Expedia sites and features, and you will have the opportunity to gain real-world work experience while developing your programming skills and exploring career paths.
In this position you will be exposed to a wide range of software development processes and cutting-edge technologies and gain a better understanding of the travel industry. Bring your creativity, communication skills, technical abilities, desire to learn, and join us as we solidify our position as the leaders in on-line travel.
• Work closely with design to create elegant & reusable web pages and components that span devices using responsive web design
• Make a clear impact by leveraging your existing client side development skills and learning new technologies
• Contribute and collaborate on building open, standards-based solutions, while working with existing Expedia technologies and infrastructure
Who You Are:
• Able to work full time, 40 hours per week, for eight consecutive weeks starting on June 24, 2019 to August 16, 2019.
• A high school junior or senior at the time of application
• Must be living in or have housing in the office location you are applying for the summer (Seattle, Chicago, or San Francisco)
• Must have prior programming experience. This can be through school, side projects or community/social groups etc.
• Able to work in a team and collaborate with people in different roles, teams and location
• Have a demonstrated interest in technology
• Have not previously been hired as an Expedia Developer Apprentice
• Must submit application for the before the deadline of 11:59 pm PST January 31, 2019
• Aspirations in Computing awardees, or formal training from programs like Girl Who Code, TEALs or similar is strongly preferred
You’ve applied, now what?
We will review your application and if you are considered a fit, we will invite you to take an online HireVue Interview to be completed by 11:59 pm PST on Sunday, February 9, 2019. If you are selected for a final round interview, they will take place in each location February 26th and 27th. The Apprenticeship Program will start June 24, 2019, and end August 16, 2019.
Why Join Us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.