Primarily have responsibility for the management of PeopleCost accounting as part of the global PeopleCost accounting team for legal entities falling within the Americas.
What you'll do:
- Month end close – primary responsibility for the month end close for PeopleCost. This means ensuring all transactions are accounted for in accordance with local and US GAAP, preparation and review of journal entries, supporting schedules, interacting with business people in establishing and recording proper accruals, ensuring all transactions are processed on a timely basis within the close period.
- Preparation or review of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Key liaison with statutory accounting team and external auditors for audit queries for PeopleCost related items.
- Monthly/quarterly reporting – balance sheet reviews for variances vs prior periods; P&L review and analysis across all management reporting levels for variance vs prior periods as well as trending,
- Development and analysis of key business drivers and metrics. Work with management and FP&A colleagues on variances, trends and issues, performing data mining to identify and explain variances
- Work with Tax team on any VAT or corporation tax issues relating to any PeopleCost items.
- Process improvements – determine and implement where process improvements within the month end cycle can be used to increase efficiency and reduce hours. Streamline processes and utilization of resources in order to create maximum productivity
- Support and maintenance of system integrations including trouble shooting issues, UAT for system updates and related projects initiatives.
- Support SOX compliance
- Manage team of three Senior Accountants.
- Geographical responsibilities include the Americas which are responsible for accounting for the payrolls, compensation accounting, benefits and related statutory requirements.
Who you are:
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and will have frequent interaction with management, other professionals, both finance and non-finance, and external partners. This individual must be a self-starter and confident in his or her own skill set and knowledge, with the ability to handle multiple and diverse projects simultaneously. They should also be proactive, capable of working without direct management and forward looking.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in accounting, business or finance
- Certifications and/or Advanced Degree: CPA or CMA or MBA (or international equivalents) are preferred.
- At least 5 years accounting experience required, knowledge of US GAAP reporting requirements. Two plus years of managerial experience. Candidate experience in a multi-national, US public company environment preferred.
- Problem Solving: Takes the initiative to proactively identify current and potential problems and determines the best solution to these.
- Goal Setting / Short Term Planning: Achieves results by firm prioritization, setting realistic goals, analysis and decision making.
- Technical Competence: Uses technical/job knowledge and experience, incorporating functional skills and broad based business knowledge, to meet and exceed job requirements/customer expectations.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
- Personal Effectiveness: Produces outstanding results both professionally and personally by being proactive and committed.
- Relationship building: Builds effective relationships through positive communication, honesty and trust with internal business partners.
- People management: ensure has the right skills and people at the right time in the right place. Effectively manage the people to achieve the best result for Expedia
- Managing Changes: Is able to work effectively in a fast changing environment
- Managing complexity: Is able to work effectively in a highly complex, diverse &, changing environment. Adapts well to and is energized by change whilst maintaining focus on key business goals and personal objectives
- Innovation: Innovates to improve current working practices and processes.
- Systems: Experience with Accounting software package (i.e. Oracle) a plus. Knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook are essential.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.