As a global leader in travel, Expedia helps millions of people go places and create lifelong memories. Brand Expedia Group (BEXG) represents a portfolio of well-loved travel brands including Expedia, Orbitz, and Travelocity. This includes the underlying technology, powering partner sites of top travel suppliers, banks, and affinity groups. We help travelers discover and book lodging, flights, car rentals, cruises, local activities, travel insurance, and package bundle deals. Collectively, these represent our lines of business.
We are looking for a director of content and geography programs to direct our priorities across all platforms (web, app, and emerging platforms), and all lines of business. You will contribute to all touchpoints throughout the customer lifecycle including marketing, landing pages, shopping, checkout, post-purchase, and retention/re-engagement. Although our brands, lines of business, and touchpoints may choose to create different features and experiences, content is the underlying “single source of truth” for everything that we may show to a traveler. That includes photos, videos, descriptions, categories, user-generated content including reviews, and third-party information. Content relates to destinations, points of interest, suppliers, and individual products (properties, cars, etc.). Likewise, geography is our central repository for all things map-related including latitude /longitude locations, polygons (boundaries that define areas like neighborhoods), distances, directions, and recommendations thereof.
You will have the opportunity to create a cohesive perspective on what assets are most critical to our success and identify the highest priority gaps. These requirements feed into the Expedia Group (EG) content, geography, and platform teams as they build their roadmaps to incorporate our needs along with other EG brands such as hotels.com and HomeAway. You'll represent all platforms, all touchpoints, and all lines of business for Brand Expedia Group.
Are you an exemplary leader ready to articulate a clear vision and set of priorities for content and geography? If so, you'll have the opportunity to inspire, and work with a cross-disciplinary team to execute against that vision.
In this role, you will:
- You deeply understand what our customers need from the content we provide, and advocate across the organization.
- You'll partner closely with strategy, UX teams, analytics, marketing, and product teams to evaluate opportunities and build consensus for execution each quarter, and with a 6-month+ view forward.
- Develop business cases including financial and customer/supplier adoption forecasts for content- and geography-related project proposals that span multiple delivery teams.
- Clearly articulate BEXG requirements into EG platform, supply, content, and geography teams, including compiling and submitting requirements into their team intake / portfolio processes, and representing BEXG at regular EG working group meetings.
- Prepare for and present at content and geography steering committee meetings, quarterly business reviews, and senior-executive updates.
- Evaluate third-party content or geography providers and negotiate deals when appropriate.
- Build frameworks including quantitative and qualitative sources to regularly evaluate and measure our breadth and accuracy/effectiveness.
- Inspire external market awareness among the team, sharing standard methodologies in and beyond the travel category.
- Set and reinforce goals (Objectives and Key Results, or OKRs). Actively monitor progress and recommend course corrections when appropriate.
- Communicate priorities and project status to a broad stakeholder community on a regular cadence, via newsletters and other communications.
- Build our team’s capability and culture by leading and contributing to training, all-hands meetings, and team events.
- The opportunity for you to play a defining role in an emerging digital product category that is rapidly growing internationally and into new adjacent segments
- Be a part of a nimble, fast-moving team environment, with the benefit of financial stability, and a mass-market global customer base.
- A transparent, humble work culture. Please check out vision, purpose, and guiding principles; they reflect how we work together.
- Respect for your life outside of work. While we work hard, you have flexibility to spend time with loved ones and we encourage you to pursue your personal interests.
- A place where you can grow your career. Many of our top executives were promoted from within. We have high employee retention because we invest in our employees’ development, and are committed to making Expedia a phenomenal place to work.
- 5+ years program / project management in a technology environment
- 3+ years experience with consumer web or mobile products
- Analytical skills: experience building product forecast models including customer adoption and financial forecasts.
- A passion for travel
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2+ years direct people management, including hiring and demonstrated success in mentoring and developing team members.
- Experience with mass-market (10 million+ monthly uniques) e-commerce sites or apps.
- Experience with web and mobile analytics tools, and ability to directly pull data (e.g., Omniture, Google Analytics, SQL).
- Experience leading consumer products in international markets.
- Experience with User Generated Content (UGC).
Some travel is required for this position (on average a few days each quarter). The ability to travel internationally, and throughout US is a requirement.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and better products for our customers.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.