When it comes to engineering, we solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies. As a high-growth, e-commerce company, we are searching for talented and passionate software engineer interns. Our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas. We address a wide array of computer science problems including advanced web applications, cutting edge user interfaces, scalability and performance of applications, intelligent search algorithms, global data distribution and monitoring of distributed systems.
You will work alongside a highly experienced team of engineers from various academic and industry backgrounds.
What you’ll do:
Examples of Past Projects/Teams Where Interns Have Worked:
- CoreAPI Team: The HomeAway CoreAPI team manages, releases, supports, and monitors the underlying core platform that drives all of HomeAway for our owners as well as travelers. Typically HomeAway CoreAPI handles calls at a rate of 30K-40K per second. Every developer in the company at some point interacts with the CoreAPI either directly or indirectly. The task for our interns was to work on the views project which allows developers to define a projection, or "view," of an entity at the API layer, pulling in arbitrary data from across multiple databases. Once this projection is defined, the system will automatically build it, and keep it up to date while indexing this into a clustered NoSQL database, allowing for arbitrary searches to be run on the data. The interns made improvements to the framework that allow teams to independently set up their own instances to speed development time. They also worked on updating Views to use the latest HomeAway tech stack, including Kafka + KStreams, Dropwizard, ElasticSearch, and other new features.
- Search Team: Search is at the heart of HomeAway. In addition to helping travelers discover their next dream vacations, we build systems that are scalable, performant and highly available, servicing millions of requests per hour. Beyond the numbers, our goal is to provide an experience for our users that is simple, fluid and fun. The intern significantly contributed to this effort by developing a mechanism to dynamically surface nearby points of interest for any given search. This project spanned several code bases across the entire stack, resulting in a feature that will bring tangible value to both our customers and brand alike.
- Digital Platform Team: The Digital Platform for Real-time Intelligence team works on our high performance, petabyte scale Big Data platform serving real-time and batch processing needs of the company. Our interns have worked building and implementing enhancements to this platform using technologies including Kafka, Kafka streams, and Hadoop.
Technologies we use:
- AWS, Docker, Mesos Dropwizard, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Swagger, Kafka, Node.JS, React.JS, Hadoop, NoSQL, Jersey, Jetty, KStreams, Mesos, Samza, Java 8 and Linux.
Who you are:
- Currently pursuing a BS, or MS in computer science or a related technical field
- Organized problem-solving skills
- Experience with web application development
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux/OS X environments preferred
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Plan
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Discounted rail and bus passes
- Free drinks and snacks
- Electric adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
This role is part of HomeAway University which starts June 2019 and lasts for 12 weeks. Learn more about our HomeAway University training program here: https://www.homeaway.com/careers/university
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.