Changing and innovating in the market to drive Expedia’s growth is at the heart of what we do. Expedia’s objective is to present the most comprehensive and bold range of accommodations to travelers around the globe so that they can find and enjoy their perfect trip. Expedia is extending the breadth and depth of its offering by investing in the fast-growing Vacation Rentals (VR) segment.
We are looking for an energetic Senior Manager to support strategic and tactical supply initiatives, as well as maximizing distribution of the VR inventory across Brands, in close coordination with HomeAway and all Brands part of Expedia Group portfolio.
You will report to the Senior Director of Vacation Rentals, within Lodging Partner Services (LPS) New Inventory, a dedicated unit built to spearhead our growth into complementary lodging businesses. The position will be based in Geneva, however alternative locations (London or Seattle) may also be considered.
You will be responsible for identifying and prioritizing opportunities to optimize the VR supply platform and for driving transformation and change. The scope covers inventory contracted and handled directly by the Expedia Lodging Partner Services Group (LPS) teams or sourced from 3rd parties - including HomeAway, an Expedia Group company.
The Senior Manager Vacation Rentals will bring strong analytical, problem solving and influencing skills coupled with a passion for tangible results. You will have a ‘hands on’ mindset, willing to go deep in execution and operational matters, while maintaining a holistic and strategic overview.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Identify and prioritize opportunities to create and optimize a state-of-the art VR supply acquisition and management platform, obtain agreement and commitment from key stakeholders and various teams involved in execution and lead the execution with the relevant teams
• Effectively operationalize the Expedia Group VR strategy with key business partners, such as Product and Technology, Operations, Account Management, Finance, Legal, Tax, Fraud, as well as with external parties
• Act as the ‘VR machine’ owner, helping central and in-market partner-facing teams to achieve their dreams in terms of supply growth and management and partner happiness
• Develop a deep understanding of our VR supply acquisition and management platform, with a crisp view on drivers of changes and downstream operational implications
• You will be the change engine for ongoing innovations on the VR segment
• Bachelor’s Degree; MBA or other post graduate qualification desired
• 7-10 years of experience, with a preference for those with a management consulting background and/ or a similar role in a leading technology company. Experience on the Vacation Rentals category is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, handle and mobilize multi partners (including executives) and demands in a dynamic organization – change orientated environment
• Self-motivated and ability to drive success with limited guidance, loves to operate in an entrepreneurial set up, taking ownership for end-to-end inception to delivery while collaborating effectively across a wide-range of seniority across the organization
• Experience in working in a flexible, fast paced ever-changing and ambitious environment
• Demonstrable success in a matrixed environment and driving change across functional teams, demonstrated ability to lead, handle and mobilize partners (including top executives)
• Strategic & Innovative: You are constantly curious and a leader with vision – powerful analytics, agile in thinking and execution, solves pragmatically, tests-and-learns, brings innovative thinking from ‘elsewhere’
• Analytical Skills: Secure and compare information from multiple sources to identify core issues; commit to an action plan after weighing alternative solutions against decision criteria; enthusiastically and quickly make sense of complex issues; responding effectively to complex and ambiguous situations. Strong technical affinity – ability to pick up and maximize effective usage of systems and analytics.
• Collaboration & Influencing: Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that assembles and holds others’ attention. Create and execute influencing strategies that persuade key stakeholders to take action towards advancing shared interests and business goals.
• Passion for Results: You drive high standards for yourself and the team, and interpersonal accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
• Drive for Results: You are a high impact personality (intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, empathy in relationship, team player); hungry, ambitious, motivated, action-oriented, results-focused and metrics-driven; organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details; validated follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations; ability to multi-task effectively; must be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat; self-motivated and ability to drive success with limited guidance, likes to operate in an ambitious set up and be involved into & own execution.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.