Key position on Global Customer Operations (GCO) Finance team leading Finance strategy and executive reporting.
What you'll do:
- Holistic business advisor and partner for Product, Technology and Service Delivery teams including key strategic initiatives to reduce customer effort through automation
- Business case development and working with stakeholders to define success metrics and evaluation of metrics post-implementation
- Finance representative in GCO Programs helping to influence and drive strategy for GCO including automating customer journeys and multi-channel expansion
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders within GCO and Brands to identify and drive efficiencies and gross profit improvements including deep diving into elements of revenue, variable costs and other areas in order to identify areas for profit maximization or efficiency gains while keeping customer experience at optimal levels
- Recommend and implement operational controls needed to minimize operational and financial risk
- Oversight of fixed cost forecasting, reporting and expense tracking
- Numerous ad hoc and special projects as needed
- Management, career development and coaching of 2-3 financial analysts
Who you are:
- 7+ years of work experience in an analytical role with emphasis in financial strategy, analysis and modeling
- Proven leader with track record of recommending and driving changes that provide meaningful impact to organization
- Strong business case and modeling skills
- Demonstrated understanding of forecasting / planning processes and preparation of executive-level management reporting
- Extremely organized with the ability to work on and manage multiple projects within tight time lines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management, across different organizations
- Demonstrated proactive and solutions-oriented approach towards business problems and process improvements
- Attention to detail and a commitment to data integrity
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and constructively with a range of stakeholders to drive positive change.
- Strong quantitative, analytical problem solving skills.
- Strong track record of building and managing high performing teams.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Working knowledge of e-commerce operations and Customer Call Center Operations a plus
- Advanced Excel skills, Powerpoint; Hyperion and experience compiling data from Data Warehouse strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration/ Accounting / Finance / Economics
- MBA or CPA preferred
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.