Do you thrive on understanding performance and keeping an eye out for growth opportunities? Do you love improving customer journeys from start to finish? Do you enjoy taking large data sets and turning analysis into answers?
We are Brand Expedia Customer, Markets & Capital (CMC) and we focus on delivering extraordinary end-to-end customer experience, local relevancy/ competitiveness, and insights, strategy and analysis to drive investment to optimize global growth. The team performs core eCommerce operations and includes markets teams, global lines-of-business (lodging, transport, packages), global growth and capital, automation and learning and engagement. We also partner closely with marketing, product, analytics and financial teams to ensure successful, sustainable and optimal business operations and growth is achieved.
As a Senior eCommerce Specialist, you will be joining the global Multi-item trip / Packages team in CMC, where you will become an expert on end to end customer experience in this line of business (LoB). You will focus on monitoring and improving business performance for the Multi item Trip & Packages business globally. As a team, we understand our business end to end and tell the global story on trading and performance in our business reviews, whether weekly or monthly.
What you’ll do:
Be the guide on Multi-item trip / Packages across Expedia Group, from a customer point of view:
- Understand key drivers of growth and factors impacting performance both positively and negatively.
- Provide dedicated recommendations to the organization based on the trends on focus areas, investments or savings.
Run the Global Multi-item trip / Packages business and trading:
- Track and report on internal search, pricing and checkout issues and provide reports on errors encountered on site.
- Support daily monitoring of key site metrics (visitors, engagement, conversion, channel & LoB performance etc.) and develop/implement performance improvement plans.
- Monitor, analyze and diagnose site issues through Tealeaf/Omniture and raise site issues/booking issues.
- Deliver a suite of consistent key reports to monitor the health of the business (price competitiveness, ease of use, best service).
- Provide weekly trading updates and identify issues that are local vs global in nature.
- Can assess business performance from multiple dimensions (eg. Channel, Supply, Destination, Operation costs etc).
- Set achievable plan/forecast in partnership with the finance team. Keep abreast of market / industry trends and take action to mitigate negative P&L impact
Automate all necessary alarms to better track the pulse of the business:
- Improve customer experience by actively fixing issues and reducing transaction and revenue ͞leakage͟.
- Be the connection with Product, Marketing, Customer Operations, Pricing, Supply
- Own decision on LOB product priorities to GPO and build a process to gather feedback from Market Teams.
- Provide a globally consistent framework to gather and provide regional/point of sales/local insights.
- Understand pricing stack with input from Market Teams on price competitiveness and be responsible for understanding and prioritizing dev work to improve it.
- Understand drivers that will impact trading, with input from Capital Team.
Partner on forward looking/strategic initiatives to grow the line of business (LOB):
- Sit on leadership teams pertaining to the LOB and create frameworks that can rollout to the markets teams (eg domestic longtail analyses for hotels, Air E2E initiatives, etc).
- Ensure coherent setup with partners that can scale globally (eg type-ahead for hotel, packages, etc).
- Partner with non LOB specific areas as assigned by CMC Leadership (eg UCKO, homepage, etc).
- Perform sophisticated analyses on large data sets to find opportunities to adjust Expedia’s online strategy to drive LOB profitability using the “5 whys” framework.
- Lead and be responsible for the end to end ownership of strategic projects and initiatives to drive growth and new customer acquisition.
- Deconstruct competitor business models to assess opportunities to compete.
Who you are:
- Real passion for travel industry with specific knowledge around package, tour operator, wholesalers, etc.
- Strong experience in travel or consumer e-commerce is preferred
- Ability to successfully define and deliver complex projects end-to-end with positive return on investment, from business case through deployment
- Ability to take large data sets and summarize down to actionable levels
- Understanding of key drivers of customer conversion
- Goal oriented with the willingness to dive deep into details while still grasping the big picture
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively and influencing a cross-functional and matrixed team environment
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills
- Professional, "get it done" attitude and “help the team win” work ethic with an ability to own projects and run with them
- Self-directed, problem solver who is comfortable with ambiguity
- Subject Matter Expert with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis, research, and presentation creation
- Experience working with data analysis and analytics tools including Tea-leaf, Business Objects, Omniture / Google Analytics, Tableau
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility encourages us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.