We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to join EPS Technology team to equip the engineering teams with detailed technical requirements to drive consistent and high-quality products and services. As a Sr. Technical Product Manager, you will analyze complex technical problems, and provide technical solution specifications, maintaining a deep understanding of the underlying architectural design.Expedia Partner Solutions is an entrepreneurial start-up inside the world’s biggest travel company. We create technology that help millions of travelers to find the perfect hotel at the right time for their next unforgettable trip.
We are the fastest-growing affiliate network ($4 billion in sales and counting), we work with over 10,000 partners in 33 countries to turn their web traffic into hotel bookings and happy customers.
What you’ll do:
- Ensures customer needs are met while ensuring scalability, reliability, and performance of the system
- Evaluates and effectively addresses trade-off decisions for complex or new problems, making objective recommendations
- Conducts analysis across multiple technology systems and teams within Expedia
- Evaluates requirements and works closely within the technology team to translate into detailed technical requirements
- Produces plans and solutions for projects that support effective, efficient execution with incremental deliveries
- Establishes success metrics post launch and apply insights to future work
- Collaborate with other development teams to determine system integrations and use cases
You’ll fit this role if you have:
- B.S. degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of tech industry experience and 2+ years of program management experience
- Extremely good communication skills and experience working with highly technical management teams
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
- Ability to motivate and focus a large team to reach challenging goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within diverse, multi-functional teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems.
- Self-motivated, dedicated with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Solid background in computer fundamentals: data processing, run times, network protocols, memory management, and data structures
- Familiar with agile development methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Have a real passion for technology and travel
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where extraordinary people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so. Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We passionately strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
About Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS)
The travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), we’re smack in the middle of it. We unlock the power of Expedia Group for thousands of travel partners around the world and create the tools & technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect accommodation, car hire, & flights for their next trip. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an energetic, collaborative and truly international work environment. We are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and –making sure we have fun while we’re doing it!
Why build your career at EPS?
- We're re-inventing travel, one day at a time -- it's an exciting challenge. We're super-motivated and setting the pace.
- We've got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don't do ordinary.
- We work with some really smart partners - from loyalty marketing whiz kids to the world's leading airlines and travel agents.
- We're a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.