The Associate Market Manager’s primary responsibility in their assigned territory is to initiate, develop and maintain a high quality portfolio of hotel products (i.e. relevant, attractive and competitive) for Expedia’s fast-growing global customer base.
In doing so, Associate Market Managers will also continuously work with their hotel partners to help them maximize the production potential from their participation in the Expedia marketplace by smartly utilizing the power of Expedia LPS’ unique data insights, marketing, distribution and revenue management toolset.
Consistently leveraging data specific to their market available in Expedient, Expedia’s proprietary market insights and activity prioritization dashboard, and leveraging their local market knowledge, Associate Market Managers will:
- Build and progressively expand their portfolio of local hotel partners by introducing prospective high potential partners to Expedia’s global value proposition and facilitating their onboarding process
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships by providing relevant data insights and superior consulting services to hotel partners (revenue management advice, marketing opportunities on the Expedia marketplace)
- Ensure that their partner hotels’ product (content, rates and availability) is consistently optimized and competitive on the Expedia sites to maximize customer conversion
- Secure additional inventory over high demand and compression periods to satisfy customers’ pressing needs
- Secure seasonal deals, evergreen and dynamic promotions within the guidelines set by Management to support the brands’ merchandising and marketing efforts.
- Continuously promote to and develop hotel partners’ high engagement with Expedia’s full suite of:
- Unique market insights (partner reports, competitive data, key performance drivers)
- Revenue management tools (dynamic promotions, packages, fenced deals, mobile)
- Marketing and merchandising opportunities
- Specialized brands (e.g. Egencia, Hotwire, Media Solutions) potential opportunities
- Self-service tools (Expedia Partner Central), Connectivity solutions (Expedia Quick Connect) and key support functions (Property Assistance team)
- Execute effectively based on KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by LPS leadership
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
This role focuses on the core of the Market Management’s team responsibility, which is to ensure that Expedia’s brands’ global customers always find the most suitable hotel for their dream trip wherever they want to go, and that our hotel partners can effectively, efficiently and throughout the year, reach Expedia’s unique breath of global traveller demand.
Supervision to be exercised
Supervision to be received
Direct supervision from Area Manager or Senior Market Manager.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree; major in tourism or hospitality a plus but not required
- 1-2 years’ experience
- Minimum travel of X% will be required for market visits
Drive for Results
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, empathy in relationship, team player
- Hungry, ambitious, motivated, action-oriented, results-focused and metrics-driven
- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details
- Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations
- Ability to multi-task effectively; must be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize work and be laser-focused on achieving a variety of KPIs (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by LPS leadership team
- Sincere relationship builder; earns the confidence of others;
- Bridges and sustains solid partnerships based on mutual support through a collaborative style
- Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, data-driven decision making
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Ability to select and present insightful dataset including performance, market and competitor analysis and to implement meaningful action plans based on the data
Written & Spoken Communication, Listening and Influencing
- Proficiency in English. Other language skills may be required depending on the location of the position
- Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively; actively listens when spoken/presented to
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels
Build & Maintain Teams
- Able to work independently as well as be a strong team player, always seeking to improve team and organizational performance
- Help other team members (peers/MAs) acquire skills or achieve targets/goals
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.