EPS Operation Analyst
We love travel - do you? Come join our exciting team and help us deliver the exceptional technical solutions for the world's #1 online travel company. Bring your skills, experience, enthusiasm and passion. You'll see your work in the hands of millions of people worldwide as we continue to deliver the future of amazing customer experiences. You will also contribute to creating a fun and innovative environment where brilliant people want to work. The Partner Availability Resiliency Optimization team ensures the health and availability of Expedia’s partner applications and services.
What you’ll do:
- Support the production environment through detecting services errors and escalating to engineers and developers
- Perform application log analysis and develop enhancements that allow applications to better instrument for availability and performance (uptime, success rate, and user experience)
- Monitor enhancements and automation of new health measurements
- Identify and partner with application teams for performance improvements based on findings
- Create custom alerts, dashboards and reports needed for the development, engineering, and operations teams
- Proactively monitor the health of websites, applications, and related services
- Contribute to incident response on critical applications and infrastructure issues
- Identify/detect trends and patterns on dashboards
- Work with development, application engineering and operations teams to monitor and analyze user experience patterns and understand their business and technology requirements
- Support new partner launch
- Work towards automation of manual tasks whenever possible
- Create, update, understand, and follow processes and knowledge documents with integrity
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have 2-4 years of experience in of the following:
- Experience in Web Operations, Application Support, or similar position OR Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related discipline
- Monitoring, Event Management, Analytics experience.
- Demonstrated ability to construct complex SQL queries or write automated scripts for testing and analysis is great!
- Programming experience on any of the languages like Python, R, PHP, Angular JS, Node.js, Java, C#, etc.
- Understanding of design, development & integration experience on cloud platforms (i.e. AWS) in a continuous delivery environment.
- Understanding of large-scale, complex systems from a reliability perspective.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Site Reliability Engineers, Developers and Program Managers.
- Drive to ensure user experience and strong customer-centric point-of-view.
- Experience in Cloud & Enterprise based monitoring tools, such as, Splunk, Cloudwatch, CatchPoint, Seyren etc. is a plus.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS)
The travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), we’re smack in the middle of it. We unlock the power of Expedia Group for thousands of travel partners around the world and create the tools & technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect accommodation, car hire, & flights for their next trip. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an energetic, collaborative and truly international work environment. We are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and –making sure we have fun while we’re doing it!
Why build your career at EPS?
- We're re-inventing travel, one day at a time -- it's an exciting challenge. We're super-motivated and setting the pace.
- We've got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don't do ordinary.
- We work with some really smart partners - from loyalty marketing whiz kids to the world's leading airlines and travel agents.
- We're a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
- We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry that changes every day. Isn't that cool?
- We want everyone on our team to have the resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in beautifully designed offices around the world
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.