Do you want a highly impactful role within a team that is growing fast?
Are you passionate about driving business value with products and business solutions that deliver an awesome customer experience? Then this opportunity might be for you.
The Insurance Commercial Strategy and Services (CSS) team is responsible for defining the Insurance product vision, strategy and initiatives, managing the Insurance business P&L, and driving business development efforts a across the Brand Expedia globally. Insurance delivers millions of dollars of incremental revenue making a direct and meaningful impact the company's bottom-line.
While travel is fun, inspiring and educational, the process of shopping for your dream trip and sometimes the journey itself brings notes of stress. The CSS Insurance looks across traditional & creative insurance products to craft benefits that will provide travelers with peace of mind. We have successfully demonstrated the potential of these products, and we are continuing to invest in this business. As a part of our growth strategy, we are looking for an experienced Senior Strategy and Business Development Manager
Come join this high performing entrepreneurial team to help formulate our Insurance Strategy. If you enjoy using data and reasoning to create product experiences & service solutions that solve current and future customer problems, build sounds business cases, improve on-going business activities and work on a team that functions as the “business owner” you will fit right in. In this role, you will use your analytical and business skills to inspire product, engineering, finance and customer support, and our strategic partners to prioritize, implement and scale our product ideas.
- Define product vision, strategy and initiatives based on keen understanding of customer needs, the competitive landscape and market opportunity ($), including assessing competitive advantage and the company’s capacity to meet the opportunity.
- Prioritize & execute on business opportunities in collaboration with the product management and technology teams.
- Enrich the team with business, product, revenue, growth and/or customer insights that address common travel pains, and build evidence backed business cases to create better globally available and locally relevant products and customer experiences, and business initiatives
- Deliver opportunity sizing of product ideas by combining analytical skills with creative use of research & sources to validate assumptions.
- Be a Customer Advocate. Create product experiences & service solutions that solve current and future customer problems above and beyond expectations, inspiring customer delight and advocacy. Develop a keen understanding of consumer expectations & pain-points, and the competitive landscape by keeping abreast of market trends.
- Serve in the 'business manager' role supporting the growth vision and/or revenue optimization opportunity from inception to launch. Take lead on identifying, prioritizing and solving issues across varied business activities, such as PnL management, management reporting, customer experience, etc.
- Act as the Business Owner. Protect & manage the P&L, including partnering with FPA teams for setting Yearly Forecasts, reviewing Actual vs. Planned business portfolio performance, and preparing Monthly Business Reviews.
- Lead strategic partner account management on assigned project and initiatives, independently leading partner discussions, alignment on business goals, business negotiations. Perform vendor Contract Review & Negotiation. Demonstrate exceptional relationship management skills for successful business partnership
- Lead projects independently, and balance the needs and requirements of different teams to build consensus on a common strategy and project execution
- Develop effective relationships with the extended inter-disciplinary team comprised of product management, engineering, customer support, finance and legal.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business/economics/math/technical field or related discipline required Total 7+ years of full-time, professional industry experience or Masters in same disciplines with 5+ years. MBA from a top-tier institute is a plus.
- Proven ability to deliver revenue growth by identifying and leading high growth initiatives.
- Experience within consulting, strategy or product management roles is highly preferred.
- Experience working in an e-commerce environment, or insurance/financial services or within travel industry is helpful.
- Proven skills in business analysis, must be independent with data sourcing & synthesis, and presentation creation to make concise business case
- Proven skills in project execution with multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven skills in customer, competitor and/or industry research
- Experience communicating with senior leadership, influencing decisions across multiple and matrixed teams
- Experience in strategic partner/vendor management i.e. identifying, negotiating and partnering with external business partners preferred
- The ability to structure ambiguous problems clearly, comfortably make more good decisions than bad with less than all information, in less time, with few or no precedents on how it was solved before.
- Expertise with MS Suite required.
- Knowledge of SQL and similar data mining, analysis & visualization tools like Tableau is strongly preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 5% of the time.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.