Product Manager III, Insurance
Are you looking for an opportunity to work on a highly visible and impactful product? Want to come build the best travel insurance experience?
We are looking for a Global Product Manager with relevant Product management experience to set strategic direction and partner with business and technology teams to build exceptional solutions for the Travel Insurance Team.
As a product owner, you will drive value end to end customer experiences for travel insurance across Brand Expedia globally. You will be responsible for driving all phases of product initiatives and building solid collaborative relationships across the organization. You should be able to clearly communicate issues, ideas and concepts both verbally and in written form between business and technical parties.
What you’ll do:
• You'll establish the product vision, business goals, product roadmap, testing and global rollout plans for Insurance; refine and build the assigned product offerings over time in order to achieve and maintain product efficiency.
• Work closely with business partners to understand both business and functional requirements and prioritize appropriately.
• Design and implement product A/B testing strategy, including test design, partnering with designers, developers on execution, detailed analysis of business impact, and lead executive communication on results.
• Collaborate with designers and developers to identify feature details and create user stories for implementation; lead UAT for projects that impact products; identify gaps or conflicts in requirements; manage risks & UAT defects and drive toward resolution.
• Handle trade-offs between cost, schedule, and business benefit, and ensure successful delivery of set features to production that meet both internal and external customer needs.
• Liaise between all business owners utilizing products to ensure clear communication and understanding of product offerings and upcoming changes.
• Conduct ongoing market research and competitive analysis to stay ahead of moves in the market and industry, product & technology developments, and consumer demand.
• Be customer focused and have a high bar for great experiences
Who you are:
• You have proven success, identifying and understanding customer needs in new or ambiguous problem spaces
• Empathy for the user, built up by previous experience interacting directly with customers
• Well versed in using data to make decisions, set success metrics, and share results
• Experience collaborating with UX teams and developers
• 2+ years of hands on software development experience preferred; alternatively, demonstrated understanding of typical technology architecture for high-volume websites.
• Ability to creatively solve challenging business and/or technology problems.
• First-class leadership and influencing skills, including experience working within a large matrix organization.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach.
We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple.
Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
#LI-RA1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.