Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. Collectively, the Expedia brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia portfolio includes brands such as Expedia, Hotels.com, Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), Egencia, Hotwire, eLong, trivago, Venere, Travelocity and Auto Escape Group, to name a few.
What you'll do
- You will be responsible for growing and managing a portfolio of existing EPS partners in Japan.
- You will develop accounts through strategic account management, negotiations, merchandising, and meeting customer needs and have account ownership of partner relationships post-launch with clear profitability/revenue targets. Accounts will be from different segments ranging from Online travel agents, retail, B2B intermediaries, airlines, etc.
- You will be based in Tokyo, Japan and report to the Director of Account Management, North Asia.
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have
- Experience in building effective client relationships and negotiations
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Strong relationship / communication skills; required as this role is very client facing, involving client contact in negotiation and in ongoing partner contact
- Ability to influence the decision making of both internal and external stakeholders through formal and informal negotiations / discussions
- Mastery of detail and analytical skills; at any given time there are dozens of client / potential client issues to be solved (whether technical, commercial, or legal), and an ability to stay on top of this complexity (while not losing sight of the strategic / financial aims of the business) is very important
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously and under deadline
- Willingness to travel regularly and meet partners face-to-face
- Experience working in online travel/commerce/retailing/portals, a plus
- Technical Project Management experience, a plus
- A good understanding of the internet technologies used in the online travel industry, a plus
Work Experience and Education Guidelines
- Account management experience
- Extensive eCommerce experience and familiarity with eCommerce / e-marketing metrics and their management is highly desirable.
- University Degree
- MBA or Masters Degree, a plus
- Driving Execution – Keen sense of ownership and accountability; maintains operating effectiveness; collaborates across functions and organizations; uses benchmarks and performance measures to track progress; tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay.
- High Impact Communications and Influencing/Negotiating - Creates open channels of communication; keeps others well informed; listens carefully to input and feedback; builds confidence through a convincing communications style; promotes and sells ideas persuasively; projects a positive image of the organization; wins acceptance for proposed changes & new initiatives; works through conflicts to create win/win results; negotiates skillfully to get the best deal possible.
- Financial Acumen - Understands the meaning and interrelationships of key financial indicators; readily identifies soft spots in budgets and profit plans; uses financial analysis to evaluate strategic options and opportunities; recognizes profitability and revenue potential in business opportunities; manages financial performance of the business.
- Breadth & Depth - Knows how to get things done in a complex, multi-level organization; understands the role and interrelationships of each management function;
- Managing complexity: Is able to work effectively in a highly complex, diverse, changing environment. Adapts well to and is energized by change whilst maintaining focus on key business goals and personal objectives
- Customer Focus: Passionately meets or exceeds customer expectations. Enters the customer’s world through listening and understanding.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.