Sr. Software Architect
Do you thrive in an environment focused on innovation, continuous delivery and platform services? Excited about defining the next generation of transactional systems for Expedia Group?
The Transactional Services team at Expedia is looking for an Architect to lead the platform vision, definition and solution design for eCommerce within FCTS. You will be instrumental in defining architecture, technical requirements necessary for the team to execute on the vision. Bring your committed drive for results and help us deliver.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Software Architect to join our technology organization. Role will be based in Gurgaon, India office with an opportunity to make global impact.
Who you are:
You have a deep background developing enterprise middleware with dynamic experience as a leader. You have designed, built and maintained high volume high-demand systems and have a firm grasp of cloud and hybrid cloud solutions. You are functioning with an emphasis on solutions architect or software architect depending on the need. You bring along with you:
· 10+ years’ experience leading & influencing high performance technology teams, by example, 2+ years in an architect role.
· Deep experience in high-scale internet, e-commerce services, service-oriented architectures, and domain driven design
· Full stack development experience with experience in large scale Design and Development
· Strong architecture design skills and ability to communicate and drive adoption
· Experience architecting complex server-side & client-side web applications
· Knowledge and experience in very wide range of Web technologies including HTTP, REST, Jscript, Java, JQuery, Spring MVC, GitHub, Docker, AWS (AmazonEC2, E3, etc.), MongoDB, Cassandra, MySQL, Memcache, Redis, MapReduce, Hadoop, and more.
What you will do:
· As a key technology leader, you will be leading the engineering efforts to globalize our software stack and making it locally relevant for diverse needs.
· In this role, you will provide hands on technical leadership and lead architectural decisions. You will have the opportunity to coach and mentor several developers across regions.
· Draw on experience to lead technical designs and implementation of highly scalable and adaptable systems
· Help lead the overall technical design and architecture for Agent Tools and provide leadership & mentorship for quality coding and best practice
· Collaborate with our Business Partners, Technical analysts, Testers and Production Support Engineers to implement technical requirements
· Effectively builds and maintains a network of key contacts across company and leverages these contacts to achieve results. Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of the professional function and in-depth specialization in some.
· Leverage past-experience with Agile software development to help improve team execution
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
#LI-RA1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.