Expedia Group is seeking a hardworking Executive Search Partner with extraordinary relationship and assessment skills to join Expedia's in-house executive recruiting team.
This is a challenging, high impact role with a leading global e-commerce organization and the world’s leading Travel Company.
The recruiting culture is fast-paced, the talent-bar is high, and the executives are deeply involved and committed to partnering with executive recruiting to hire the very best talent. Our future success depends on recruiting more world-class leaders to our team; recruiting these leaders requires the best executive recruiting talent.
There is no greater reward in executive recruiting than seeing candidates you have placed have a significant, positive impact on the business. Ultimately, this is how we measure our success.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborating with executive leadership on their most complex executive hiring needs in accordance lead the development of the search strategy & position specification. This includes senior business leader interface as well as direct interaction with senior HR partners; as well as managing relationships with partners within our external retained search providers as well. Providing deep insights on the external leadership talent market to develop a strong executive search strategy for key roles globally.
- Embedding in the businesses Executive Talent Management processes which allow us to form a better view on the key business capabilities (Executive roles) where we need to build depth; before establishing ‘opportunistic’ (multi-year) external talent flows against these.
- Work closely with human resource leadership team and other key partners to assess talent supply internally and externally, define critical gaps, and develop sourcing strategies to close those gaps. Over the next 12 months we expect to build programmatic capabilities on the executive search team focused on internal talent mobility/hiring with the Executive Search Partner playing a pivotal role as we architect, build and enhance the performance of the internals process. Significant visibility, including to travel leadership team level, is expected to come with this work.
- Design and develop in partnership with our executive research team to enable dedicated leadership pipelining that supports our gender balance and internal talent market initiatives.
- Ensure we hire a diverse and inclusive workforce in-line with our values and culture. This individual will be passionate about diversity of perspectives and dedicated to advancing the conversation about how to best cultivate and attract diverse leaders. Shape how we as an organization can continue to take measures to improve gender diversity in technology and leadership.
- Craft industry and company target lists as well as the identification of potential candidates and sources. Manage the end-end search process, driving the partnership through to success. Identify and contact highly visible executive-level prospects and knowledgeable industry sources to develop a long list of candidates, driving conversion to strong short-list.
- Partner with the Senior Director, Executive Recruiting as well as key partners across HR, the Expedia business and external advising firms to develop an enhanced assessment methodology, driving integration of this throughout the executive search process. Key focus is increasing quality of hire and informing new executive on-boarding plans.
- Collaborating with senior executives within the Expedia business to recommend qualified and interested candidates to the hiring manager/team.
- Develop and manage effective communication frameworks to include weekly progress report meetings with clients on all active searches. Effectively demonstrate and continue to build out enhanced functionality in our recruiting candidate relationship management tool Invenias for reporting and data analytics, bringing deep insights and analysis around trends where appropriate.
- Conduct thorough, interrogative references and expert knowledge of executive compensation. Demonstrate a deep understanding of internal compensation levers as well as external market data to evaluate and design executive package offers in partnership with the Executive Compensation team.
- Act as a proxy for the Senior Director, Executive Recruiting on key matters related to the function where appropriate. Lead strategic, cross-group initiatives within HR to ensure continuous improvement, strategic ties to Talent Management, on-boarding and increased quality of hire.
Who you are:
- 15+ years’ experience in search business, recruiting, human resources or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree a plus
- Experience in a fast paced matrix environment
- Ability to influence hiring managers’ talent decisions by providing valuable recruiting-related advice
- Ability to comprehensively understand the organization’s talent strategy and how it connects to the business strategy
- Capacity to anticipate future talent needs of the organization and build a steady stream of prospective talent
- Exceptional executive sourcing, assessing, closing and account management skills
- Deep knowledge of the labor market(s) and talent pools
- Understand organizational business model, operations, financial goals, and competitive position
- Exceptional networking and candidate engagement skills
- Strong facility with Applicant Tracking Systems or Hiring Management Systems
- Strong computer and analytical skills; proficient with excel and PowerPoint
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.