Expedia’s Global Brand Marketing team is looking for a highly motivated and analytical individual to lead optimisation of Brand activity across some regions within the Americas.
You will take ownership of Brand TV measurement and testing, work closely with Media and Creative teams to optimise key regions, performance reporting which influences how we market in any region.
Your primary responsibility in this role will be to gather and analyse performance data to effectively optimise campaigns, structure problems and work on presenting significant insights and solutions for the team. This work will make significant impact on Expedia’s Brand P&L and allow collaboration beyond the GBM team such as Analytics, finance, CMC as well as external vendors in defining and executing the marketing strategy.
As a member of the Brand Strategy and Insights team (BSI), you will be in the forefront of defining our team strategy across the global, pushing boundaries and embracing new technologies. BSI’s essential focus is the company’s mission of becoming the world’s most intelligent travel marketplace.
What you will do
- Develop & validate testing methodologies to assess the value of our media
- Use statistics, distributions and confidence intervals to make decisions based on data. Manipulate large data sets for business insights and collaborate with Brand managers in implementing solutions to improve campaign productivity and increase return.
- Working closely with Data Science team & Analytics team in developing new tools and refining optimisation method
- Ability to actively engage with wider teams and detect changes in key markets to allow further development of our Brand marketing strategy (e.g. seasonality, competitor actions, consumer behavior)
- Excellent verbal, written and data visualisation skills a must-have
- Troubleshoot and identify issues such as data, quality or operational issues that may impact performance
- Work with team to automate and/or streamline repetitive processes to improve overall team productivity
- Think globally, to allow our reporting and analysis should be consisted and clearly communicated across the business
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, such as Business, Economics, Statistics, Sciences
- Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience in e-commerce, marketing, or equivalent role with a lean on analytics
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with a high level of initiative to help you thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
- Specifically demonstrated experience in marketing measurement e.g. A/B testing & work through complex business problems
- Analytical/ business modeling skills with ability to convert raw data into actionable business insights e.g. through use of advanced excel, SQL with R or Python as a bonus
- Experience of working in a global matrixed environment as well as working with teams remotely
- Strong business sense, problem solving, and business case building
- Dedicated, high-energy, and creative self-starter
- Passion for solving interesting and significant marketing problems using principled techniques and practices
- Problem solving: Takes initiative to identify current and potential problems and determines the best solution. Involves and/or manages the people and resources required.
- Bias for action: Can operate without explicit direction
- Personal Effectiveness: Produces outstanding results both professionally and personally by being proactive and committed. Continually focuses on achieving positive results.
- Technical Competence: Uses technical / job knowledge and experience, incorporating functional skills and broad-based business knowledge, to meet and exceed job requirements / customer expectations.
- Strategy/Planning: Understands the needs and direction of the business, anticipating and developing business priorities to meet these. Embraces change and drives to improve current working practices / products/technologies to grow the business.
- Relationship building: Forms strong relationships through positive communication that motivates and influences others. Is an honest, dependable, and valued team member, and actively involved in achieving team objectives.
Why join us ?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.