This role we are seeking to fill is with Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), the B2B partnership brand of Expedia Group. We reach out across many sectors – from retail travel agents, financial institutions and airlines to loyalty organizations, online travel agents and corporate travel management companies – using our expertise to fuel our partners’ growth.
- The Merchandising Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of Expedia Partner Solution’s (EPS) merchandising strategy in APAC
- The Merchandising Manager will drive merchandizing across EPS’s API and template partners and have direct interaction with partners to proactively identify partner needs and influence merchandising practices.
- The Merchandising Manager will foster strong working relationships with sales, partner connect, and product team within EPS, as well as Expedia Group’s lodging and merchandising teams.
- The successful candidate will coordinate merchandising and loyalty campaigns between various partners and the rest of the organization, as well as provide consulting services to partners on traffic generation and user experience as it relates to merchandising.
What you'll do
- Develop merchandising strategy for APAC top tier partners and segments, including but not limited to online travel agencies, airlines, and offline travel agents
- Coordinate the development of the annual and quarterly promotion calendar for partners in collaboration with Expedia Group’s lodging and merchandising teams
- Transform customer insights aligned with partner objectives into inspiring merchandizing messages and initiatives
- Effectively manage the portfolio of merchandising placements and pages to ensure that promotions meet customer and partner needs and expectations
- Load deals and produce landing pages on template and data file for API through a content management tool
- Ensure localization of deals and promotions across APAC partner base
- Analyze and report campaign performance with an agile response to changing demands to optimize merchandising performance
- Deliver best practice presentations to partners on how to optimize merchandising, including inbound marketing, placements, cross-sell, messaging, etc.
- Keep internal stakeholders informed of industry trends, best practices, and product needs
- Benchmark merchandizing activities and capabilities vs. competitors
- Evaluate market opportunities and identify trends for effective decision making and to influence merchandising product roadmap
Who you are
You'll fit this role if you have
- 5-7 years of experience in online Merchandising, Marketing, or eCommerce
- Bachelors degree
- Experience with web analytics tools
- Experience in UX design and with HTML, CSS, and responsive design a plus
- Travel industry and/or consultative experience a plus
- MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word proficiency required
- Excellent quality control and attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Strong communicator both verbal and written
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-direction and drive
- Team player with a strong collaborative approach
- Ability to develop strong relationships with cross-functional teams
- Innovative thinker with initiative and ability to work independently
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.