Job title: Software Development Engineer II
Are you a Software Developer who is passionate about building robust, scalable and highly available web applications? As a Software Engineer II you are involved in all aspects of software development, including participating in technical designs, implementation, functional analysis, and release for mid-to-large sized projects. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an Agile environment to drive improvements to our software architecture, design and code. You will have the opportunity to work with business and engineering leaders, and influence product vision and design of our systems.
- Develop, design, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools
- Write automated unit, integration and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines.
- Support and troubleshoot data and/or system issues as needed
- Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with seniors and peers in crafting and implementing the technical vision of the team
- Communicate and work effectively with geographically distributed cross functional teams
- Participate in code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility
- Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with peers and help unblock junior members of the team. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure
- Define, develop and maintain artifacts like technical design or partner documentation
- Drive for continuous improvement in software and development process within an agile development team
- Participate in user story creation in collaboration with the team
- Strong background working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience building scalable micro services and AP|s with Java 8, Scala and C++
- Background in working with API’s and testing frameworks, including JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber and Netty
- Experience working on both Unix and Linux platforms
- Experience working in an online travel environment
- Competent working with NoSQL big data technology; specifically Splunk, Redis, BigQuery and Hadoop
- Skills with AWS services, including SQS, Lamda and Elasticache
- Some previous experience working with Informatica
- Project work with Splunk and Grafan
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so. Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Open date: 14 March 2019
Close date: 11 April 2019
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.