Sr Manager, TAAP Sales Execution
Are you an analytically-minded professional with a passion for executing in a fast-paced, data driven organization? If you’re looking to join a team at the forefront of retail distribution and sales execution, Expedia Partner Solutions is looking for candidates who want to glean insights that accelerate business growth with a self-starter mentality.
What you’ll do:
- Establish central vendor, also known as GSA, effectiveness capability to develop processes and track leading metrics and results across markets to enable success of regional distribution teams
- Work with retail distribution team, sales operations and analytics to define the vision for sales execution excellence for long-tail partners. Define the strategy, tactics, metrics, reports and dashboards from the ground up.
- Recommend reach, frequency and yield targets for our travel agent affiliate program in each market
- Review regular call activity and performance reports impacting our long tail partners
- Extract insights, issues and opportunities to share with retail distribution regional managers and Directors
- Set target expectations for account activity for long-tail partners and country level to optimize for reach, frequency and yield metrics
- Review GSA activity, performance reports, and optimization of vendor headcount to cost ratios, mining data and extracting relevant insights to share with regional distribution team
- Identify trends in performance, issues and opportunities by partner size, partner type, vendor and market
- Conduct regular and quarterly review meetings with retail distribution regional managers and Directors to:
- share insights to inform their conversations with their vendors
- learn about the markets they manage, gathering local nuances that support and improve findings
- address any questions distribution team have regarding performance of their individual markets
- Mandate better activity data (e.g. calls / account, calls / rep, % target accounts reached, etc.) through standardized templates and data collection process
- Conduct regular analyses on data reported
- Identify regional weak spots (e.g. low # calls / rep, low % target accounts reached) and build an action plan to course-correct working with Retail Distribution team
- Identify best practices and ideal metrics and share with global team
- Work with the Leadership of Retail Distribution in identifying Sales best practices among the different markets and vendors
Who you are:
You’ll fit this role if you have:
- Experience in a sales operations, sales analysis, or vendor management role in B2B organizations and/or travel industry, with a long tail account focus
- A passion for digging through data points to discover key insights and an understanding of how sharing these insights can optimize vendor relationships
- A love affair with Excel and a strong understanding of Business Objects, Hadoop, Omniture or similar analytics tools and Salesforce.com
- Best in class organizational skills and ability to simplify data, trends, and test and learn results to internal and external audiences
- Ability to lead through influence and build consensus among internal and external teams
- Highly collaborative, able to work across many functions and build rapport quickly
- Able to manage complexity and conflicting priorities (experience in matrix environment is a plus)
- Can handle imperfect/incomplete information and the candidate will not have every data point available from day one and will need to be able to make some assumptions, willing test/try things out, run proofs of concept
- Experience of working in a large matrix organization. Used to a fast pace of work.
- Ability and desire to both see the bigger picture and get into the detail of required activities
- Drive for Results: Driving high standards for individual team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Strategy Execution: Develops goals, ideas and initiatives that improve the organization's performance, manage costs, and drive change.
- Written & Spoken Communications, Listening, and Influencing: Conveys, receives, and interprets ideas and information, presents information appropriately to a diverse range of audiences, and influences stakeholders’ decisions.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.