Expedia Group is the world’s largest online travel marketplace. It operates more than 200 websites in more than 75 countries, working with more than 550 airlines and almost 900,000 hotel partners around the world. Japan is a key market for Expedia Group from an inbound (foreign travelers using Expedia to travel to Japan), outbound (Japanese customers traveling to other countries) and domestic perspective.
HomeAway, Inc. an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 2 million listings in 190 countries. Our global platform spans across over 40 websites and 22 languages.
As a part of that family, HomeAway Asia is a fast-growing business established in 2012, with focus on emerging markets growth while having that same dedication to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
What you'll do
- Your main focus would be around developing strong ties with Expedia group's key government stakeholders – Members of Parliament, local government representatives and local government bureaucrats.
- Working closely with the Group’s legal and tax teams, and local business leaders, you will help the Group advocate on local regulatory issues, develop partnerships with the central and local governments, and provide input on local business strategy.
- You will also be responsible for the representative role for HomeAway within the Japan Association of Vacation Rental (JAVR) and assisting the Country Manager, HomeAway in coordinating the administrative functions of the Association (with the assistance of the Association Secretariat consultants).
- You will passionately describe the economic and social value that Expedia group and HomeAway bring to the Japanese tourism and travel industry.
- You will monitor regulatory developments at the local level and provide detailed reporting on opportunities, challenges, obstacles and matters requiring urgent, manager or director level attention.
- You will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with national, regional and local governments and representatives.
- Internally, you will need to have close collaboration with the management, marketing and product marketing teams, as well as with the Directors, Government and Corporate Affairs APAC and ANZ. You will be responsible for compiling product-related feedback from stakeholders.
- Reporting to the Vice President, Government, and Corporate Affairs, you will also work with the Directors, Government and Corporate Affairs APAC and Australia/New Zealand (ANZ) for broad and strategic guidance and direction.
Additionally, we require you to:
- Use internal/external market data to inform and educate stakeholders of the value of our business to local and the national economies and communities.
- Identify opportunities to partner with local and regional government to further promote Expedia Group and HomeAway.
- Demonstrate and communicate the value that Expedia Group and HomeAway provide as a platform to local communities and individuals.
- Play an active part in supporting the Country Manager for HomeAway in representative duties as part of HomeAway’s membership of the Japan Association of Vacation Rental (JAVR).
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated understanding of the multi-faceted regulatory environment that faces Expedia Group and HomeAway
- Ability to work well in a team
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills using qualitative and quantitative data
- Proven ability & experience to cultivate new opportunities, engaging with a large range of stakeholders, both external and internal
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to handle regular intra-country travel
- Business level fluency in both English and Japanese
Some of the perks you will enjoy:
- Employee insurance, benefits and pension.
- Spectacular modern offices with 360-degree views of Central Tokyo, Roppongi Hills, Tokyo Tower and Mount Fuji.
- Fully stocked kitchen with free drinks, fruit, free food and good coffee.
- An active social committee who organizes quarterly team social events.
- Great people and an awesome, open culture where we celebrate our successes and take pride in our authenticity!
- You will get to mingle with an extremely diverse and talented group of people.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.