This role we are seeking to fill is with Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), the B2B partnership brand of Expedia Group. We reach out across many sectors – from retail travel agents, financial institutions and airlines to loyalty organizations, online travel agents and corporate travel management companies – using our expertise to fuel our partners’ growth.
As a Senior Manager, Travel Retail Distribution (Greater China) you will manage the Travel Agency Affiliate Program (TAAP) business in Greater China focusing on vendor management marketing and sales by closely monitoring activity and performance.
What you'll do:
- Manage relationship with the TAAP General Sales Agent (GSA) in Greater China in line with global and regional priorities
- Supervise and direct GSA go-to market, territory coverage, sales call frequency and other KPI’s:
- Conduct sales calls, seminars, sales blitzes
- Enlarge customer base through proactive calls and visits
- Drive and maximize profit from active long-tail partners
- Contact inactive and dormant partners to encourage sales
- Resolve issues like escalated Global Customer Operations customer disputes or liaise with Regional Account Managers for large account issues
- Liaise with TAAP effectiveness functions to monitor and track GSA activity, compliance and performance across both sales and marketing
- Work with Regional Director on sales planning, forecasting, and performance management and act as a trusted advisor
- Support newly signed long-tail partners in their development through GSAs, focusing mainly on independent travel agencies
- Work with Expedia Partner Solutions regions on existing partner relationships with major affiliates, supporting them (leveraging the GSA) with training and other in-shop activities
- Work with Marketing and the GSA on preparing marketing plans focusing on the right channels (telemarketing, direct marketing, tradeshows, trade magazines, etc.) for the market
- Work with Retail Distribution Operations to review GSA activity and performance reports and review target expectations for account activity and reach, frequency and yield
- Support operational processes for TAAP
- Leverage understanding of market trends and regulations for each Point of Sale to support GSA marketing and acquisition activities
- Pro-actively monitor competitor activity, escalating and adapting GSA priorities to respond to competitive threats
- Understand the need to and help to localize support and (digital) marketing campaigns in terms of language/culture and features (e.g. preferred payment, package rates)
Who you are:
You'll fit this role if you have
- Excellent spoken and written skills in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Strong functional knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills (externally and internally)
- Passionate about marketing and ambitious to develop new initiatives
- Able to formulate, plan and implement strategies
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required
- 5-7 years business development or account managerial experience in the travel industry, preferably in the outbound sector
- Self starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate Expedia's value proposition to potential partners
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects to completion
- Must be self motivated and continuously strive for improvement
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.