Director, Retail Distribution North America
Are you an analytically-minded professional with a passion for executing in a fast-paced, data driven organization?
If you’re looking to join a team at the forefront of retail travel agent distribution and sales execution, Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS) is the place for you!
As Director, Retail Distribution you will lead the Travel Agent Affiliate Partnership (TAAP) team in the assigned region and lead retail distribution sales. You will focus equally in supporting your team and direct vendor performance management and overall regional and country management.
What you’ll do
- Lead the TAAP team in the region and drive them toward the assigned OKRs
- P&L responsibility on TAAP for the region, excluding selected large accounts
- Manage relationship with the TAAP GSA(vendor) in the assigned markets in line with global and regional priorities
- Supervise and direct GSA go-to market, territory coverage, sales call frequency and other critical metrics:
- Conduct sales calls, seminars, sales blitzes
- Enlarge customer base through dedicated calls and visits
- Drive and maximize profit from active long-tail partners
- Contact inactive and dormant partners to encourage sales
- Resolve raised customer disputes or liaise with Regional Account Managers for large account issues
- Liaise with TAAP effectiveness functions to monitor and track Global Sales activity, compliance and performance across both sales and marketing
- Work with TAAP leadership and the other partners on sales planning, forecasting, and performance management and act as a trusted advisor
- Support newly signed long-tail partners in their development through GSAs, focusing mainly on independent travel agencies
- Work with EPS regions on existing partner relationships with major affiliates, supporting them (leveraging Global Sales) with training and other in-shop activities
- Work with Marketing and the Global Sales on preparing marketing plans focusing on the right channels (Telemarketing, direct marketing, tradeshows, trade magazines, etc.) for the market
- Work with Retail Distribution Operations to review Global Sales activity and performance reports and review target expectations for account activity and reach, frequency and yield
- Liaise with the account managers in the Expedia Partner Solutions Regions for large TAAP account issues that require Global Sales involvement
- Demonstrate understanding of market trends and regulations for each Point of Sale to support Global Sales marketing and acquisition activities
- Actively monitor competitor activity, raising and adapting Global Sales priorities to respond to competitive threats
- Understand the need to and help to localize support and (digital) marketing campaigns in terms of language/culture and features (e.g. preferred payment, package rates)
- Discuss TAAP business needs and central activities to leverage locally (e.g. BEX marketing activities)
- Be part of retail travel community and build network (e.g. journalists, associations) to understand market and business trends
- Identify red flags among customer requests/queries to bring up to Global Customer Organization during regular reviews
- Be in charge of all Global Sales collaboration, liaising with other roles if needed
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have
- Retail travel or B2B technology background preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Consistent and strong performance history in successfully driving revenue growth in either travel or B2B tech (e.g. GDS)
- Experience and interest in working collaboratively with global teams
- Adaptability to a rapidly changing environment
- Solution based approach to sales with a good understanding of technology
- Experience in managing teams and 3rd party providers
- Confirmed history of success in influencing multiple partners to get things done.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, must be able to use data to identify underlying trends and make informed commercial decisions
- Laser focus on execution, displaying superior discipline, attention to detail, organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to adjust communication style to effectively connect with c-suite executives to individual travel agents
- Team-player mindset, able to build unquestioning relationships and deliver projects on time
- Excellent judgment through sound, well-informed decision-making
- Deep understanding of Microsoft office products including PowerPoint and Excel – additional plus for experience with reporting tools (e.g., Tableau), CRM systems and API integrations and inner-workings
- Lastly, a clear passion for the business of travel
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS)
The travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), we’re smack in the middle of it. We unlock the power of Expedia Group for thousands of travel partners around the world and create the tools & technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect accommodation, car hire, & flights for their next trip. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an energetic, collaborative and truly international work environment. We are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and –making sure we have fun while we’re doing it!
Why build your career at EPS?
- We're re-inventing travel, one day at a time -- it's an exciting challenge. We're super-motivated and setting the pace.
- We've got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don't do ordinary.
- We work with some really smart partners - from loyalty marketing whiz kids to the world's leading airlines and travel agents.
- We're a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
- We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry that changes every day. Isn't that cool?
- We want everyone on our team to have the resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in beautifully designed offices around the world
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.