- You will analyze and respond to fraud threats; lessen the time to identify emerging behaviors through the use of analytics and fraud profiling.
- You are responsible for identifying new rule opportunities with an eye toward continuously improving the existing rules set within a proprietary, flexible global rules engine while monitoring performance for assigned regions.
- You will monitor queued transactions pending manual review for the fraud team to ensure rule performance meets expectations.
- Be familiar with, modify, maintain and build new Global and Local Risk Management metrics and reports that accurately identify emerging threats as well as keep management informed of trends and performance.
- Remain current on new technology, emerging fraud & risk trends, external tools, data providers and industry standards as they relate to fraud prevention and risk mitigation.
- Contribute to reports for Executive Management and other key partners.
- Contribute to innovative ideas; provide thought leadership to our greater Risk Management team.
- You will provide ongoing analysis and insight into fraud trends targeting Expedia Group customers.
- Experience in data analysis or customer behavior analysis.
- A confirmed experience in fraud and risk management, knowledge of e-Commerce and credit card fraud.
- A deep understanding of common and creative techniques used by fraudsters to exploit financial systems and e-commerce processes.
- Proven intermediate level Excel skills. Including the ability to quickly generate reports coupled with business analysis and formulated recommendations based on the data.
- Intermediate level SQL or similar query language experience with medium-sized data sets (10k+ rows). Strong analytical skills and creative thinking in all areas of risk management using complex tools and technology systems.
- Enthusiastic about working in a constantly evolving environment with ever-changing demands.
- High level of integrity, energy, real passion for fighting fraud, and sense of urgency to “make things happen”.
- Programming experience and/or experience with rules-based risk management solution is helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (R, SPSS, SAS, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience crafting, publishing and maintaining reports using analytics platform, (Tableau, BI, etc.) is preferred
Expedia Group is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.