The Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS) team is seeking an experienced APAC Launch Lead. The APAC Launch Lead will report to the Director Partner:Connect and be the sole representative for the team, in region, acting as a lead across all its launch functions. The main responsibilities of the APAC Launch Lead are to see all projects from a higher perspective and allocate the team resource to meet business needs and, if required, optimize the project management process and propose it to APAC leadership team.
The APAC Launch Lead will be a member of APAC leadership team and the link between the business and all of the major teams within, driving transparency and acting as an escalating point for issues in region. You will have good organizational skills and a keen eye for detail, whilst still being able to see the big picture. You and your team will work across strategic initiatives providing expertise from the launch team being an advocate of the partners needs and the end-to-end processes.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of Launch Managers, ensuring each Launch Manager works efficiently with each launch project. You’ll assess Launch process for all projects and its current effectiveness and, if required, define new process based on assessment. In addition, you’ll funnel all launch project results into APAC Leadership Team in a timely manner
- Coordinate requests and resources in leading a shared project plan with each partner. You’ll raise and track resourcing/ feature requests across EPS, and liaise directly with 3rd party technology providers who are performing development work on behalf of the partner.
- Chair Weekly Launch Meetings with Partners, Commercial Reps’ and the implementation teams to track progress and ensure success
- Manage Workshops and Reviews that include scheduling kick off calls or workshops with the relevant individuals across Partner:Connect and Partners organization. You’ll run the site review process to assess compliance against the launch requirements and take appropriate action internally or with the partner
- Ensure Visibility and Reporting by tracking the status of each partner and ensure that all teams understand where the partner is in the launch process documenting risks or issues related to the launch. You’ll help manage the pipeline with the commercial representatives on when launches can take place and be prioritized.
- Produce weekly Launch Status Report and monthly Launch Time Analysis, highlighting and addressing the points where delays occurring.
- Align Post Go Live Service Support as every launch needs attention during the initial weeks of Live running. You’ll work with the accountable person to take ownership of ensuring that the partner continues to get FastTrack support during this PGLS phase. You will have visibility of every support request raised from the new Partners as well as the ability to escalate quickly if the request is delaying progress. You will ensure the Commercial Rep is briefed on any issues
- Manage the Post Go Live Review. If deemed appropriate, the Partner:Connect team can be called on to perform a technical PGLS review to focus on performance and optimization. You’ll coordinate optimization support where needed
- Facilitate innovation by working with Partners and the regional Sales organization to continuously monitor API development requests and feedback to the Product team. You’ll work across partners and the launch team to drive adoption of new processes and features.
Who you are:
You’ll fit into this role if you have:
- Extensive experience of managing geographically distributed teams
- Good Project and Release management experience
- Current PMP/PMI or Prince2 Practitioner Certification is highly advantageous
- Fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese is a must
- Some experience with Salesforce CRM, or a similar Cloud based CRM, will be a great advantage
- Good facilitation & partner facing experience
- Some experience in Process Mapping is highly advantageous
- Good interpersonal skills and experience working with both business and technical teams
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment
- Multicultural awareness and experience working internationally
- Be articulate with good presentation and written communication skills.
- Strong documentation management standards and version control
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the client’s business, industry and needs
- Strong team player with an adaptable and flexible approach
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.