Our Team Enjoy
- A friendly and collaborative team who are keen to share their knowledge and continuously learn new things.
- A bias for action, iterating in solutions, enabling AI-ML through the underlying data, ingested transformed and manage by the team.
- Contribute to Open-Source and evangelize best practices.
- Get the opportunity to work and evolve a cloud-based data lake backed by the full suite technologies and including Kafka, Spark, Airflow, Hive, Kinesis, EMR, and Docker.
- Developing various facets of data capture, data processing, storage, and distribution.
- Writing clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Developing code as part of a wider team through pair programming and code reviews.
- Proposing new ways of doing things and contribute to system architecture.
- Deploying and maintain applications in production environments.
- Actively monitoring the health of applications owned by the team and address issues.
- Communicating and documenting solutions and design decisions.
- Understanding and applying AWS standard methodologies and products (compute, storage, databases).
- Taking architectural ownership for various critical components and systems.
- Problem-solving at the organization level.
- Working with business partners to flesh out and deliver on requirements in an agile manner.
Experience and Qualification
- Previous experience working with data at scale.
- Experience with design of complex systems that scale well with large volumes of data.
- Experience with at least one modern programming language (e.g. Scala, Python or Java etc).
- Experience with open source technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, and Spark (an added bonus).
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and engineering principles.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.