- Build scalable and high-performant data pipelines, using the right software patterns and continuous deployment/integration practices.
- Work in of one of our data teams, alongside data scientists, product managers, and data users.
- Collaborate with upstream system architects, developers, and data product managers to support and resolve data issues.
- Work in a DevOps environment (you build it, you run it) on our EPS Data Cloud (AWS) platform.
- Implement the tools and processes to handle performance, scale, availability, accuracy, and monitoring.
- Collaborate in an agile and dynamic environment to lead change and keep us current with the latest technologies.
- You are experienced in Java, Scala and/or Python, Unix/Linux environments, on-premises and in the cloud.
- You understand the AWS cloud ecosystem, such as EMR, Lambda, S3, EC2, SNS, Cloud Formation, VPC, etc.
- You have a background in a variety of data technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, HBase, Hive, Presto or ETL frameworks.
- You have a deep understanding of SQL, and experience working with traditional (Teradata), or cloud-based data-warehouse (Redshift, Snowflake).
- You have experience producing tested, secure, resilient and well-documented applications.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills when working with both business and technical teams.
Why join us:
We’ll take your career on a journey that’s flexible and right for you, whilst recognizing and rewarding your achievements…
- A conversation around flexible working and what is right for you is encouraged from day one at EPS.
- Competitive salaries and many growth opportunities within the wider Expedia Group.
- Option to attend conferences globally and enrich the technology skills you are passionate about.
- Cash and Stock rewards for achievers and impact.
- Extensive travel rewards and discounts for all employees.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
At Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.