Featured Career Paths
All Career Paths
At Expedia Group, our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. With $100+bnin gross sales in the past 12 months alone, we are operating at a massive scale; data and analytics is naturally at the heart of everything we do.
Do you want to work in a passionate team that has access to state of the art tools and technology? Are you looking for a diverse international function to work in? Are you looking to move into a business that offers a wide range of developing career paths for you? To join our growing team, we need curious, data driven specialists with a dedication for learning and self-improvement.
Within Expedia’s Analytics and Revenue Management group, ARM, the Sales Operations team helps our global lodging supply organization to maximize the effectiveness of their large sales force. We ensure optimal allocation of sales resources to maximize opportunity capture, we define KPIs and targets to ensure attention is focused on key priorities, we review workflows to avoid distractions from sales work, and we make sure that variable incentive is paid appropriately based on the success of each sales individual.
As Senior Manager for Analytics and Sales Operations, you will be responsible for all these activities for all sales staff focused on post-acquisition account management across all geographies, from the highest value properties down to all the long tail of smaller properties that require very different approaches. You will be responsible for establishing and nurturing relationships with the senior leadership of our account management function and will be accountable for coaching and developing your team of analysts to successfully deliver on key needs for the business.
You will be sitting within Expedia’s global Analytics group, with the opportunity over time to evolve into a range of exciting roles to help steer Expedia’s success globally. Given the high visibility and wide exposure to Expedia’s business, Sales Operations, and Analytics, also serves as a talent pool for the wider organization.
To be successful in this position you need to be logical, thorough, and able to see the bigger picture whilst not missing any details. As part of this, you will manage multiple tasks and improvement projects simultaneously, establish priorities, and drive delivery of high quality outputs in a dynamic work environment with overlapping deadlines and short time constraints.
• Transparency and no politics. Doors stay open here, and we welcome questions that challenge our thinking
• A work environment where you can grow your career, within Sales Operations, within Analytics or within the broader Expedia organization. We have high employee retention because we invest in our employees’ learning, and prioritize making Expedia a great place to work
• An equal opportunity work-environment, where we value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills, playing a consultative role to help our business structure and resolve problems
• Team management experience
• Able to see the bigger picture whilst not missing the details
• Logical, data-driven, thorough with a clear attention to details (you like to help people and to make sure your objectives are delivered to an extremely high standard)
• Able to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders, including senior management (both in written and orally)
• Strong networking skills within a large organization – you can easily connect with colleagues to find answers and resolve problems, even across multiple geographies and time zones in matrixed environment
• Experience manipulating data in SQL, Excel, Tableau, Salesforce, or you have an interest in learning
• Ideally, you have experience in analytics, in sales operations or working with/in sales
• Ideally, you understand the lodging industry and the technology industry
• 7+ years of professional experience
• 2+ years of team management experienceExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.