Senior Account Manager, Central & Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa - Expedia Partner Solutions
Expedia Partner Solutions are seeking a Senior Account Manager for the CEEMEA region to join a very motivated team that manages and develops our relationships. Based in Munich, the focus will be on our Tour Operator partners in Central & Eastern Europe. Plus partners from other segments and regions will also be in the portfolio.
The online travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), we’re smack in the middle of it. We’re an entrepreneurial start-up inside the world’s biggest travel company. We create the tools and technology that help millions of travelers find the perfect hotels for their next trips. As the world’s largest and fastest-growing affiliate network, we work with thousands of partners in 33 countries to turn their web traffic into hotel bookings and happy customers.
We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
What you'll do
- You will be responsible for strategic partner relationships and driving revenue growth. You will represent the company in day-to-day partner contacts, growing hotel sales, and improving long term relationships to meet both affiliate and department goals.
- You will develop and execute growth strategies; track and monitor performance; drive analysis to identify areas of risk and opportunity; foster strong relationships to avoid attrition
- You will work with senior and day-to-day levels of management both with the partner and internal teams
- You will work with Business Development at the close of the deal to transition the partnership to Account Management; working on the launch & integration process
- You will work closely with the department leads including product, analytics, finance and strategy to articulate the needs of the partner base and foster a collaborative approach across the broader EPS business.
- You will prepare, analyze, and present regular status reports to management team. This includes involvement in upcoming sales budget development by discussing goals and trends with the affiliate partner.
- You will assist and advise marketing strategies for assigned affiliate partners, based on their specific needs, to increase sales by utilizing our new technologies, functionality, and product lines.
- You will analyze industry sales trends and educate each affiliate partner under direct management. This includes but not limited to trends in: average sales, average bookings, advertising costs, seasonality fluctuation, and the impact of increased competition for all product lines.
- You will work on the retention, contract negotiation and contract extensions of the top partners in the account portfolio
- You will provide support for partner and traveler issue resolution (even technical support for new partner integrations)
Who you are/what you have:
- Consistent and proven track record in successfully managing key accounts in a B2B environment
- Travel background preferred: tour operator (preferred), online travel agency, B2B, or airline/hotel supplier sales/account management
- Experience in sales/account management with successful track record of driving revenue growth for partner accounts
- Outstanding analytical, numerical and problem solving skills, must be able to use data to identify underlying trends and make informed commercial decisions
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Solution based approach to sales with a good understanding of technology
- Strong customer focus and relationship building relationships
- Excellent background in working with senior management, including C-Level executive
- Outstanding communication, sales and negotiation skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft office products including Power Point and other CRM systems
- Strong organization skills and intense attention to details such as billing, contract terms, commissions.
- You are creative, proactive and self-motivated, compelling and “executive level” eye for business
- Proven track record in influencing multiple stakeholders to get things done.
- Strong commercial instinct and entrepreneurial drive combined with ability to be creative, take initiative and take risks
- Capacity to identify and keep up to date on global trends that effect industry and organization
- Team-player; able build unquestioning relationships and deliver projects on time
- Ability to display excellent judgment through sound, well-informed decision-making
- Fluent in English and German is a must.
- Willingness to travel around 50 days per year is required.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.