Reporting to the Vice President, Total Rewards with dotted line reporting to Sr. Director, Global Compensation and Sr. Director, Global Benefits; the role will lead the Rewards team and will be responsible for providing leadership and expertise in the design, implementation and administration of Compensation & Benefits (C&B) programs which are aligned with global Total Rewards strategy and philosophy.
We are looking for a deep subject matter expert who is keen to develop cutting-edge compensation solutions that attract, retain and motivate employees for Expedia Group’s unique travel & technology platform.
You should understand and demonstrate the potential of compensation to transform a company’s ability to keep current employees engaged and beat competitors to key talent as part of a Total Rewards solution while working with HR business partners and recruiters, as well as managers and business leaders, to help them achieve their business goals through fact-based compensation decisions.
The leader will provide key services to Expedia Group’s EMEA employees across 30+ countries and will be responsible under the guidance of our VP, Total Rewards and Sr. Directors of Global Compensation and Benefits for setting, implementing and evolving a comprehensive compensation strategy as part of our global Total Rewards team.
What you’ll do:
- Be a steward of the people and culture agenda, collaborate with HR Operations, Payroll and Regional HR teams to co-create an integrated employee experience.
- Be a Subject matter expert and consulting advisor on Total Reward matters spanning EMEA countries (30+).
- Help build a culture of partnership and collaboration across the matrixed compensation team that provides global solutions that are locally relevant.
- Continuously Strive for better employee experience by putting oneself in the shoes of customers.
- Work to drive excellence in regional and functional compensation decisions and work with our People Analytics and Technology teams, as well as our Compensation Programs Team to improve our compensation systems and data
- Advocate for extraordinary functional compensation solutions – particularly in the areas of sales and technology compensation
- Partner to help put processes in place to ensure that compensation questions are answered in a timely and efficient way and are aligned with local laws & practices
- Deliver regional projects based on overall HR prioritization including annual review, salary planning, market pricing, sales compensation, M&A and others
- Responsible for leadership and management of local compensation programs. Ensure competitive compensation & benefits programs in line with business strategy, Rewards philosophy and aligns to local legislation
- Actively participate in the design, development, implementation, communication, and administration of total rewards policies and procedures
- Actively engage in leading compensation & benefits review process including market benchmarking, survey participation and gathering of market intelligence, be involved in running annual review process from planning through execution through close and retro stages.
- Maintain professional knowledge of current/future trends, developments and legislation in the compensation field on a regional basis.
- Vendor relationship management – negotiate with and manage compensation service and benefit plan vendors to ensure service delivery and compliance with contract terms and conditions
- Provide guidance and keep an oversight on retirement benefits related compliances and ensure all programs are aligned to the statutory & regulatory provisions across countries in EMEA
- Communication and education of global & regional compensation & benefits programs
- Consult with Regional HR and leaders to resolve issues, understand compensation & benefits related issues and develop co-created solutions
Who you are:
- Bachelors or master’s degree in business administration, economics or management preferred
- Previous experience of working with a US Multinational preferred
- Ability to adapt and adjust with a fast-paced work environment and evolving organizational priorities
- Strong business acumen with a highly analytical process orientation
- Solid decision-making, problem solving, consulting, influencing, relational and partnering skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to adapt to a variety of audiences
- Results oriented, high energy, and hands-on leader with demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills.
- Relevant experience of strategic design for compensation & benefits programs
- Experience of developing and leading high-performing teams
- Credible advisor; demonstrated expertise across key initiatives pertaining to Total Rewards
- Experience of driving change programs across multiple geographies and functions
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel) and HRIS systems
- Fluent in written & Verbal English
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.