Expedia Media Solutions is dedicated to building innovative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising sales among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has created a viable marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 78 million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Inc. sites.
The role of an Insights & Planning Analyst is to enhance Expedia Group’s advertising sales team, Media Solutions, through data insights and planning.
Insights is defined as pre-, during and post-campaign reporting and analytics, using both internal and external data sources, and relates to destination/tourist board, hotel, airline or car rental booking performance and trends; media delivery performance; media vs. booking conversion ratios; customer search behaviour; macro, industry and market reports.
Planning is defined as media planning, proposal writing and/or IO creation (through Salesforce).
Based in Bellevue, WA, you will support the North America (NA) sales team and the entire campaign process: pre, during and post-campaign.
The expectation is that you are:
As a key member of our team, you will teach and tailor (internal and/or external data) insights to help reframe customer thinking and provide viable advertising solutions.
You will be a specialist in all day-to-day planning and support request types for the NA regional sales team, and authority on Media Solutions’ products and reports. I.e. the role is part of a wider, global team who are seen as SMEs and a knowledge hub for reporting and the latest advertising products.
- Build media plans (via Salesforce) using standard methodology, market data, insight from Yield/Pricing, and which ultimately cater for partners’ the objectives.
- Generate reports using a range of tools and be comfortable interpreting data from and providing commentary on these reports.
- Handle and complete day-to-day requests via the team's Salesforce queue to a high standard and in a timely manner (adhering to the agreed deadline to the best of their ability).
- Craft positive relationships with Sales teams, and influence and instill best practice into daily collaboration with sellers at all stages of the advertising campaign cycle (pre-campaign, campaign live and post-campaign).
- Develop a keen understanding of the business needs of the team, including operational pressures and challenges, and the specific strategies and objectives of their partners.
- Attend partner meetings on an ad-hoc basis (i.e. as and when required by sellers) to consult on products, the contents of and strategy behind media plans, reporting, and internal and external data trends.
- Collaborate with other teams across Media Solutions, including Sales, Product, Marketing, BI/Analytics and Operations.
- Actively stay ahead of travel, ecommerce and advertising news and trends.
- Never lose sight that Media Solutions is essentially a ‘sales’ business, and that our primary goal the team is to assist our sellers in the best possible way for the business.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in an ecommerce, digital media/advertising, or travel environment.
- Experience working with and interpreting data and analytics, and/or writing reports and providing commentaries.
- English (written and spoken).
- Analytical thinker, motivated by problem-solving and building solutions for partners/advertisers.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully in a dynamic team environment.
- Experience in juggling multiple requests at a time, prioritizing effectively, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; including an ability to articulate ideas clearly and appropriately influence others.
- Experience with/proficiency in various reporting tools, including SAP BusinessObjects, Omniture/Adobe Analytics and DoubleClick, Tableau, and Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.