Do you have a 'partner first' mindset with a focus on driving value and enhancing their experience? Are you self-motivated to learn new skills and knowledge? If you've answered yes to these questions, then we'd love to speak to you! We're on the hunt for a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for acquiring and managing new property manager (B2B) partners’ listings on our platform across Australia and New Zealand.
What you'll do
- Research and profile targeted Property Management companies to identify key contacts for acquisition of new business.
- Build relationships with new partners to increase and enhance our holiday rental supply in key locations.
- Work in partnership with various Property Management Software Companies (PMSCs) to provide distribution solutions for Property Management partners and collaborate with them on growth and development of shared accounts.
- Co-ordinate partner events with PMSCs to acquire new holiday rental listings and educate existing partners.
- Drive value for partners through a consultative approach to improve overall presence of their account within our shared marketplace. In doing this you will propose enhancements based on partners unique situations and structuring solutions that add partner value and enthusiastically create "win-win" situations by suggesting our products, features, services or solutions.
- Drive strategic discussions with your partners to help them achieve their goals.
- Analyse account metrics to identify key opportunities to consult with partners to improve their performance.
- Understand the key competitors and market trends to analyse the business opportunity and revenue potential from the account within the assigned market.
- Direct revenue responsibility for the performance and conversion of assigned accounts.
- Achieve activity targets by contacting and discussing account performance with current and new partners as part of the account optimisation process.
- Advise on marketing campaigns in support of conversion metrics goal achievement.
- Grasp technology service solutions and maintain an understanding of our marketplace including competitors.
- Travel when required (4 domestic trips per annum).
Who you are
- 4+ years key account management or strategic relationship management experience in a B2B environment.
- Experience within the travel industry is preferential.
- An understanding of channel management distribution, additional experience of XML and APIs is preferential.
- Operational understanding of Property Management Companies is preferential.
- Motivated and driven to acquire new business and achieve KPI goals.
- Uses initiative to find new opportunities and drive portfolio growth.
- Demonstrated experience using data driven business acumen to optimise your portfolio of key accounts.
- Tailors and conveys information effectively and appropriately based on the audience; receives and interprets information with patience and empathy; influences partners through appropriate persuasion and techniques.
- A passion for learning and sharing your knowledge with the wider APAC team demonstrating experience in sharing best practice deep expertise in business knowledge acting as a trusted adviser.
- One Team: Aligns key stakeholders and gains commitment from cross-functional and cross-regional partners towards a shared goal collaborating to drive overall success.
- Openness: Acts with humility and an openness to feedback with the intent of continuously striving for better.
- Participation: Finds ways to positively contribute to collaboration; completes tasks as assigned.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
Why join us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.